farewell, alfalfa

song of the day; stay high cover by against the current

[a/n this is gonna suck sigh vote and comment anyways ily]

t e s s

"guys," darcy grabbed our attention after appearing out from inside the bus, her parrot's cage in her hand. "i've decided to let him go." a worried expression covered her - usually happy - face.

"care to tell us why?" michael asked, confused.

darcy's face softened. "i want him to be free," she smiled slightly, "like us." she added.

a unexpected pain triggered my heart as i thought of nathan being alone. i wondered what he was thinking when he found i left, i hope he's okay. oh god, i hope he's okay.

luke shuffled over to her from his place on the grass, patting darcy's shoulder and telling her that alfie will be fine alone, which she nodded to soon after.

she set the cage on the grass, offering two fingers to her small bird and he jumped atop them, gripping her fingers with his miniscule feet.

"farewell, alfalfa." calum patted his head with the tip of his index finger, little chirps escaping the parrot's beak. after everyone done the same, darcy sighed deeply and planted a gentle kiss on the his feathers.

"shut the fuck up." alfie cheeped, and we all cackled at the only words he knew how to speak.

darcy smiled at him and lifted her twig-like arm in the air, only for alfie to flap his grown wings and fly over the trees, "farewell!" he chirped before he disppeared over the trees. darcy turned to us, smiling brightly, thrilled that he said something other than 'shut the fuck up'.

after that event, we sat and layed tiredly on the grass, admiring the clouds and wondering what it would be like to sleep on them.

 "emily, i'm hungry." luke whined, dragging out her name obnoxiously.

"your problem." she rolled her eyes at the annoying boy and continued to tug out the grass with her thin fingers, ripping it from it's roots.

"make me some food, please." he begged, practically on his knees.

"no, get away." she growled and luke huffed, laying on calum, luke's back against his stomach. they were so close, it was adorable, really. i loved how they were, always making each other laugh and what not. we were all like that, to be honest. i loved our group of friends more than the oxygen i breathed.

suddenly ashton sighed deeply, "you know what? i'm really glad we did this." he said, flashing his award-winning smile. "i feel like we're all gonna become closer, if that's even possible."

"me too," shannyn said sofly and nodded, glancing over at calum only to see he was already looking at her.

i smiled, they're definitely gonna be something great.

-

[a/n writers block sighi'm really sorry this was short
i love you, goodnight lovelies. i hope you're well :)]