Chapter 24: Lies and Treachery

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Naruto or any of its characters, Kishimoto Masashi does. I do, however, own the plot and my OC's.

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

Chapter 24: Lies and Treachery

Thankfully, the meal ended without any qualms or fights. Although, it was hard to swallow food with Neji glaring at me. I don't even know why he hated me so much. He even went as far as accidentally spilling my tea. I think he wanted to test my reaction, but I couldn't be sure.

"I should probably get going," I said.

"Oh, where are you going?" Tenten asked. She was

 twirling one of the chopsticks in her hand.

"To the library, do you know where it is?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll show you the way." She turned to Neji and Lee. "Are you guys coming?"

Lee shook his head no while saying something about 'Guy-sensei' and dashed off. Neji just stared at Tenten and I then nodded. 

Tenten pointed at a bustling street and I immediately felt sick by the thought of pushing through so many people. I had never been good with people, they'd always made me queasy for some irate reason. I hated the idea of bumping against people I didn't know or care about.

"The library is at the other side of the village. This path would be the shortest way but from the way you look at them, I take it you don't like people very much?" I nodded and smiled weakly. "I guess we could take the long path but it will take about an hour longer. Is that alright with you?" I nodded again and we set off to go to the library.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

It'd been half an hour since we left and the sun had risen and the sweltering heat made me yearn for some shade. Suddenly, I smelled something sweet and my mouth began to water. I looked around and saw the source of the smell: a dango shop. I'd heard rumours that the dango shop here had delicious dango so I really wanted to try some. 

Neji seemed to notice my mouth watering because he sighed and turned to Tenten. "Let's stop at that dango shop," he said, or more likely ordered. Tenten nodded and we went inside. 

Inside were wooden chairs and tables. I read the signs: Anko, Hanami, Mitarashi and more lined the walls. I'd always had kind of a sweet tooth so I got some Mitarashi dango. I thought about myself and Hitomi and was snapped out of my thoughts when the dango arrived, looking so deliciously appetizing. I bit into one and I could taste the sweetness of the sauce and the somewhat blandness of the dango. They were perfectly balanced and tasted heavenly in my mouth. It was truly a good snack and the ones they made here were the best that I had tasted. We left the store feeling energized again.

Anko POV

I watched the boy, Raiden, leave as I ate more dango. This was the boy that Houkage-sama found in the forest outside Konoha? He didn't look exceptionally threatening but you never knew with shinobi like him. 

The Houkage said that he was looking for a girl with blue hair and silver and gold eyes. That girl I found at the Akatsuki's had the same features. Maybe he was looking for her but how are they related? 

'I hope Ibiki gets some information out of her soon,' I sighed. 'I can't fully enjoy the taste of this dango while worrying about those two.'

Raiden's POV

We stood in front of a tall, circular, building that looked musty and old. There were hardly any people and that made me feel at ease. I thanked Neji and Tenten for leading me here and we went our seperate ways.

I pushed open the door and stepped inside. The walls were lined with so many bookshelves that it was impossible to see the actual wall. There were many rows and columns of books. It looked bigger than I thought it would. There were only a scant amount of people inside and some of them were just talking. 

I looked for the aisle that had records of all the people who had been born, not just in Konoha but the whole world and found it. I looked for Hitomi's records but found none. It wasn't that surprising, Orochimaru probably changed her name. 

One picture interested me, though. It was a picture of a little girl named Kasumi who disappeared a few years back. Something about the look on her face reminded me of someone, but I just couldn't remember who. 

I remembered what Orochimaru told me about the Akatsuki mistaking Hitomi for someone else and that's why they captured her but as I looked through the pictures of people in the files, I realized that there wasn't anyone who even remotely looked like her. Realization dawned on me.

"That lying b******!" I cursed, rather loudly. 

Orochimaru's POV

I wonder if that girl, Momoe, is following my orders. She has to fool that girl into trusting her. Hitomi is too weak as she is now. And… that rat, Raiden. I wonder if he's figured out everything I told him about Hitomi was a lie. The Akatsuki never wanted her. She wasn't special… until I came and made her become the one of my better creations. All she needs is the resolve to kill me and them she can unlock her true power. And when that happens, she will be so confused that it will be easy for me to manipulate her into doing my bidding.

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

Uwaa, I'm so sorry about not updating it's just............ really complicated right now. ANYWAY, I hope this chapter was alright and that they weren't too OOC (out-of-character). I'm really REALLY sorry I always take so long to update. I don't even have long chapters..................... but, oh well.