Chapter 22: Missing

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Naruto or it's Characters, Kishimoto Masashi does. I only own my OCs, the plot, and the picture somewhere over there. =>

</3</3</3</3</3</3</3</3</3</3</3</3</3

Chapter 22: Missing

1 day later

Hitomi's POV

"Hm?" I said as I opened my eyes. I noticed that there were handcuffs on my wrists and ankles and I couldn't feel my chakra. I sat up and looked around me as I remembered what happened before I passed out. I was in a small, dimly lit room. The walls were a light grey and the floor was a darker shade. It was bare except for a bed, a chair, a table, and a slightly ajar door to what I assumed was a bathroom. There was also another door that had a small window. It was closed and it couldn't be opened so I looked out the window. I saw a hallway with multiple doors. 'Am I… in a cell? Who were those people?' I wondered as I looked up and saw a security camera.

Suddenly, the door opened and two men came in. "Follow," one of them ordered and I followed him out of the room and into the hallway, the other right behind me holding a kunai to my back. We walked to the end of the hallway and up some stairs that lead to another hallway. This time, we stopped in front of a door that said 'Interrogation Room'. 

They opened the door to find a man inside. He was wearing a jounin vest and had bandages on his forehead. The 1st man gestured to a chair and I sat down on it as he left. "I'm Morino Ibiki. Now, tell me, what are you to the Akatsuki?" he asked but I didn't answer, I didn't trust this man. "If you don't respond, I might have to use @other@ means to get you to talk," he said and I was fairly certain that he wanted to torture me. I still didn't talk. "Fine, maybe this will get you to talk," he said.

I doubted that he could say anything to make me talk but, well, I didn't have a choice.

He showed me a picture. It was a picture of a young girl with her father and mother. They were smiling and holding hands. Somehow, the scene looked familiar.

"This," he said, snapping me out of my thoughts, "Is a picture of Shimizu Kazuo," he pointed to the man. "Shimizu Yuka," he pointed to the woman. "And Shimizu Kasumi," he pointed to the little girl. "They were a normal family up until ten years ago when Kasumi was kidnapped. No one knows what happened to her and her parents thought she was dead. They kept looking for her but they never found her."

My head hurt. They looked so familiar. Who were they? No, more importantly, who am I? "The parents… what happened to them?" I croaked due to my lack of water.

"So now you feel like talking? As long as you are, tell me about the Akatsuki and yourself," he replied.

"What happened to the parents?" I asked again, my throat hurt, but I desperately needed to know.

"Tell me about your connection to the Akatsuki and where they are first."

My vision blurred, I couldn't take it anymore. "Please… what happened to them?" I asked. Tears were streaming down my cheeks now. It might have just been my blurry eyes, but I thought I saw his expression soften.

"I can't tell you until you tell me the whereabouts of the Akatsuki. I'm sorry," he whispered the last part so softly I almost couldn't hear. This man… must've tortured so many people. Yet, why? Why is he apologizing to me? "I'll send you back to your room. When you're ready to talk, just press the green button near the door," he said. He sounded tired, like he didn't want to do this anymore.

Two men went in the room. "Get up," one said and I obeyed. I didn't have the energy to resist anymore. I followed them back to the room I was originally in and saw that there was food and water on the table. They left and I sat on the chair, my head in my hands. It hurt so much. Why… did I need to know what happened to the parents of that girl so desperately? They and I had no connection… right?

</3</3</3</3</3</3</3</3</3</3</3</3</3

Inspiration, my old friend, strikes again. Sorry for the short and late update. I notice that I update 1-3 times every few weeks and I'm so sorry for that. Ahh......... I kinda feel like I don't want to write this story anymore. A part of me does and the other doesn't. I don't know.

ANYWAY, please tell me if my drawing on the side looks okay. I really suck at drawing ^.^; but I got inspired. 

- S_S

P.S.

Does anyone know how to get over someone. As I said in my profile, 'I just hate seeing him love someone that's not me........... It hurts so much..........'