Chapter 20: The Past

A week later

Raiden's POV

I opened my eyes and saw a startled girl with black hair and eyes looking at me. "T-Tsunade-sama! He's awake," she shouted and I recognized her to be the girl from before, Shizune. 

A girl with large breasts and long blobde hair in pigtails came in. "He's awake?!" she shouted and I recognized her voice. It was the girl, Tsunade, and she… smelled like alchohol?

"W-water," I whispered, my throat hoarse. As soon as I said the word, I felt someone lift my head so I could drink the cool, delicious water.

"Who are you?" Tsunade asked. 

"Tsunade-sama! At least give him time to adjust and recover!" Shizune said and rushed over to me. "Don't move, your wound might reopen," she scolded as I tried to sit up. "I'm Shizune," she said while pointing to herself, "and that is Tsunade-sama, the 5th Houkage," she pointed to Tsunade. "You're in Konohagakure, we found you in the forest. You were bleeding heavily and you were on the verge of death. Please tell us in full detail what happened to you."

"I'm sorry, I cannot tell you such information. Was there a girl near me?Long blue hair? Gold and silver eyes?" I asked.

"No, there wasn't," Shizune answered, shaking her head.

"Wait," Tsunade said, looking at me suspiciously. "There was an incident a few days ago in Ishigakure. Two kunoichi, a shinobi, and countless guards were injured and one man dead. The man was not an honest person and he has many enemies, so it was inevitable that he would be targeted. The three ninjas are conscious and they said that the person who attacked them had gold and silver eyes. Strange thing is, they said that the person didn't want to hurt them. If she didn't want to hurt 3 very capable ninjas, how could she kill a man? Anyway, is she the girl you're looking for?" Tsunade said. Maybe she wasn't as drunk as I had thought.

"I know her and she would never kill anyone. She doesn't like it when people get hurt, I should know," I said as I remembered our past. 

I'd only known Hitomi for 4 months before she ran away. I looked different then, with black hair and amber eyes. I guess my appearance changed that day Orochimaru placed the spirit of a lightning demon within me. I couldn't take it so he was only able to place half of it into me. 

When I first saw Hitomi, I really did not like her. Maybe it was the way she carried herself, with an air of arrogance. Or maybe it was the look on her face whenever she saw him. She looked so happy whenever he talked to her and so jealous when he'd talk to us. But then, something changed and she looked at him with a hateful glare. Always, her eyes were always on Orochimaru, and it pissed me off. At first, I didn't know what to make of what was happening. After thinking about it for awhile, I came to the conclusion that I was jealous. But… of who? Was I jealous that Orochimaru was always so happy to see Hitomi? Or was it vice-versa?

She changed, though, during the last month she'd been there. She never looked happy anymore and she was always training. You could tell that she was working hard from all of the bruises and scars she had. During the last month, the scars multiplied and she started to distance herslef more from others. She started to become more introverted and she hardly ever talked. On the last day, she talked back to Orochimaru and I saw a malicious glint in his eyes. That night, we'd heard screaming, painful screaming that had us shivering in our beds. All I could think about was how she was. I'd hoped she'd survive, after all, I still wasn't clear about my feelings. I was worried, so I went out the door once the screaming was over. I saw her limping towards me, her bloody, beaten body was quivering. She looked just about ready to die yet, she still kept on walking. She didn't cry, she didn't even show any emotion besides wining every now and then. She still had that arrogant air, but somehow, she looked tired, tired of everything, of life itself. 

I followed her, and I'm ashamed to say that I didn't try to help her. After all, she deserved it. She had stayed with him so long, she'd thought of him as her father and what does she get? A scarred body and mind. She was the reason I still stayed with Orochimaru, I wanted to know more about him. His strengths , weaknesses, everything, so I could finally be of some use to her. All my effort was in vain though, for now I'd lost her. Hell, she might even be with him right now, and it's all my fault.

"Hey," a voice called. "Hey!" it repeated. "Oi! I'm not done talking to you!" the voice said and it took a moment for me to be free of my dark thoughts and to remember where I was. "Hey!" the voice, who I now realize was Tsunade, said. "Don't fall asleep, I'm in the middle of asking you questions!" she slurred. I guess when I was lost in thought, she had drunk more sake.

"Tsunade-sama! We should leave the questioning to Ibuki!" Shizune said.

"Fine, whatever," Tsunade replied as she got up and left the room, probably to call the person named Ibuki.

"That girl… you like her?" Shizune said.

"Hmm… probably."

"Eh? Probably? How can you probably like someone?" she asked but I just remained silent.

A week before

Hitomi's POV

'Raiden… is gone… and he betrayed me, again. God, how could I have been so stupid to trust him? How could I let him break my composure? How could I forget eveything he did to me? Everyday he tortured me? I'm such an idiot… I don't- I don't even deserve to live…' I thought, lying down on the soft bed. 'Why am I just sitting here and doing nothing about it?! I… I need to train,' I thought and started to try to get up and train.

"Ah!" I said as pain shot through my body. "Damn it," I cursed as I ignored the pain and got off the bed. I saw my weapons on the table next to the bed I was just lying on and took them. 'Just you wait… I will kill you…' I thought as I stepped out of the room and down the stairs. I went out the door into a clearing and found a spot where I could train alone and concentrate.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

There! I finally finished it................ but it sucks................ so damn.

- S_S