Chapter 5- Opposites Attract

(Nolan's POV )
In the morning, all the humans were rushing around again. They would always go to a place called school or work, and I could never come. I was excited to spend time with Lou, but also hesitant. Not like I have a choice though. When all the humans left, I showed Lou around the house, and told him a little bit more about each family member. I told him about how Nathan is a closeted gay, how nick loves to sing, how their dad works a lot, and how amazing moms cooking is. He mostly just nodded or shook his head.

"Are you ok Lou? Your barely talking today "

"I'm fine. It's just that, well.. You didn't tell anyone right? That I'm here and I have a kid?"

"No. I know how happy you are here, and I don't have the heart to just, take that away from you."

I gave him a reassuring hug, he accepted it, holding me close. I liked comforting Lou, even if he was taller than me.
"Thank you so much. I'd hate to find out what they'd do to me if they found out I was here."
I nodded and snuggled into his chest, inhaling a pleasant scent, like cinnamon. I could've melted into his arms and stayed there. But, I knew I couldn't.

"Aw, does shortcake like my hugs?" Lou teased as I realized I was still hugging him. I broke the hug and blushed lightly. I turned away to get to Nathan's bed, cause that's the place that we were left.

When we got to the room, we both sat on the bed and we chatted for a while. After Lou finished a long and cute laugh, he sighed heavily
and teased.
"You have the cutest freckles on your face" He said said with a small smile.
"Are you trying to hit on me?" I asked with a slight grin on my face.
Lou mocked me while putting his hands on his hips, trying to sound like me.
We stared at each other for a bit only to burst out in laughter. His cute chuckles and his sweet smile made me smile.

~~~~~~~~~

(Lou's POV )
It went quiet again. I felt happy with Nolan around. It felt nice to have someone to talk to. We both suddenly heard the front door open. Me and nolan scrambled to where we were left. Despite me and Nolan's alone time getting inturrupted, I was excited to be with the kids again. Whether it be Nathan or Nick. Nathan came into the room,smiling big when he spotted us.
"Hey guys. Did you guys have a good day? You both seem happier than usual... Oh well, I had a great day, thanks. I made a new friend at school named Demi. She's coming over tomorrow for a play date. And she's gonna bring her new doll too."

In the distance we could hear Nick's voice yell in annoyance.
"Demi is my friend too. In fact, she was my friend first."

We all chuckled a little. Of course, me and nolan did it internally.
Nathan played with us for a bit in the dollhouse. He said something during that time, that had stayed on my mind.
"You two are complete opposites. Lou is what people would consider to be"perfect. " And nolans appearance is a little odd.. But, you know what everybody says...opposites attract. "

I've never agreed with anyone as much as I did in that moment. And it was at that moment that I realized that... I might have feelings for Nolan.

"Nathan. Nick. Dinners ready! " everyone could hear mom calling from downstairs.
"Yum.i love food. See you in a bit, guys" Nathan left the room, after blowing us a butterfly kiss. As soon as he left I glanced over at Nolan, who was again, in a dress. But this time, it was above his knees, and it was black with white pearls across the chest. I didn't realize I was staring until Nolan waved his hand in my face.

"Wha-" 
Yes, that's what came out of my mouth. I blushed lightly as I studied his figure closely.
"I know Lou, I'm ugly. You don't have to stare..."
Nolan sighed as he looked at his dangling freckled legs that were hanging off the bed.

"Your not, I never said that."

"You were thinking it."

"No I wasn't, shortcake. I think you look cute in that."

He looked away, trying to hide his blush, but I could see it anyway.