Chapter 4- The Portal

(Lou's POV )
Nathan soon returned and played with us some more. I guess he really wanted me and nolan to get along. Although I wasn't sure who was really my kid anymore. But now that I know what it's like to be loved, I was much nicer to Nolan. Especially when he wore dresses. ;)
Soon it was evening, and Nathan had fallen asleep with me and Nolan sleeping beside him. I had never felt like this before. I thought about everything that had happened. Why wasn't I pushed out of the portal? Does this mean I'm sharing a kid with Nolan? Is Nolan still mad at me?
My thoughts were inturrupted by a certain, small brunette. He got up softly and smiled at Nathan. The clock said that it was 11:59. Nolan slipped off the bed, unaware of me watching his every move. After removing his dress and putting on his normal clothes, He went to the corner of the room and hummed or mumbled something. Suddenly a small portal, appeared on the wall, but it wasn't big enough to fit even  Nolan's small, fragile body. He sighed loudly
"Why can't you just work for me?It always takes me so long. " He whisper yelled, but still loud enough for me to hear. I slid down the blankets and went to join Nolan.
"Whatchadoin" I play sang/whispered to him. He jumped a little, but was relieved that it was just me.
"Every midnight, is when the portal to uglyville opens the easiest. But since I'm small, it still takes me longer" He explained in a quiet tone.
"That doesn't make sense.... But  Maybe I could help". I replied. He smiled at me with his beautiful mismatch eyes and nodded.
"Well, I try to open it at midnight, since it's the best time. Then I need to say or sing a certain piece. But since I'm small and I suck at singing... . "
"I'm sure your not that bad. " I stepped up to the small portal. "What do you have to say? " He blushed a light shade of pink, which made him look even cuter.
"It's... No te Desepere Que esta noche yo te robare".
I blinked a few times. "When did they change it? " I asked a little confused.
"They didn't want to give you access to the big world or uglyville, so they decided to change it incase you somehow made it in here. " I felt my heart drop,and my face warm up a little. It's ironic that they changed it to the one language I know other than English.
"Is that Spanish? "  I asked, even though I knew that it was, he smiled and nodded. I understand the language well, but have trouble speaking it sometimes.
"And who came up with it? " I asked curiously as to who would choose an odd password.
"It was Ox" he replied.
"Does he even know what it means? It's kinda odd"
"I don't think he knows... Wait, do you know Spanish? "
"Um, no? " I replied sheepishly. We both laughed at each other and continued. I would say it along with him, but sometimes I said it wrong, or I got tongue twisted. Nolan giggled at my every failure .  Finally, after 3 minutes, we got it open together. Nolan thanked me and gave me a nice, warm hug. Usually I didn't like other dolls touching me, but this small doll was an acception. Before he stepped in, I quickly grabbed his wrist,causing him to blush harder and asked him
"When you go back... Uh, are you gonna tell them that I'm here? "
He replied with a sad expression on his face.
"Well, every time I go back, I have to report everything about my day. It's like a journal." I nodded and released his arm.
"Diary.. " I smirked, teasingly.
"Journal... "
"Diary... "
"JOURNAL.. "
".... Diary"
He groaned  and rolled his eyes before giggling.
I felt a wave of defeat shower over me, making my knees weak.
"Really, Nolan? Are you trying to kill me?" I thought to myself. His sweet, little giggles made my stomach flutter and my face burn up. It was almost too much to handle. Like I might explode with confetti. After he went in the portal, I went back to bed, knowing this might be my last day with Nathan.
(Nolan's POV )
As I stepped into uglyville , my heart was beating fast. Notebook, stacked on top of a desk. A lot of dolls were in uglyville checking in and chatting about their child. I grabbed my notebook, which was green with purple circles. I opened it to the next available page and put the pencil to the paper. I froze as I was trying to decide what to write.
'Should I write about Lou? I don't want to... he looked so happy. But if anyone finds out, I'll get in trouble....you know what? Lou has clearly changed his ways, he deserves a child as much as any other doll. ' I argued with myself. I wrote down what me and my child did all day, without any mention of Lou. As I turned, to leave, a hand was placed on my shoulder. I turned to see Micheal with his usual straight face as if he was the leader or something.
"Hi Micheal. Can I help you with something? "
"I was just wondering if you've seen anything suspicious... "
"N-no. No I haven't, s-sorry". Micheal always creeped me out, he always seemed to find everything out, lies, secrets and well... Everything. He wasn't given a child yet, for whatever reason.After he scanned me, up and down He let go of my shoulder and looked down at me and into my multi colored eyes. He stares at me with a 'I'll find out' kinda look. He puts two fingers to his eyes and onto me as he walks away with a smirk. Ugh... He can be creepy sometimes...