Chapter Twenty-one

This chapter is short but I figured that updating it would be better than not updating it. I know it has been a long time but I promise I'll try and be more consistant about uploading. 

I hope y'all enjoy it. Vote and comment! 

__________________________________________________________________________

I was on the couch in Asher’s arms. My eyes were throbbing because I was crying for about two hours. Throughout the entire thing, Asher hadn’t said a word. He just comforted me and I loved it. Right now I had the urge to jump his bones but I wouldn’t because I was vulnerable. I just sat in the comfort of his arms.

My mom was going to come for. The letters, the phone call and everything weren’t empty threats. She was going to come for me. She was going to get out of prison and she was going to get me. I thought my father’s lawyer was better than this. I thought he had guaranteed me that she would never hurt me again. Obviously I can’t trust anyone.

Deep into my thoughts my phone rang. I bent over towards the table and grabbed it.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Hey sweetie, I won’t be home tonight. I had to go out of town unexpectedly. I’ll be home tomorrow night though.” I sighed as my father spoke.

“Alright dad I’ll see you tomorrow.” I was just about to hand up the phone but he spoke.

“Is everything okay?” he questioned.

“Yes dad everything is fine, I was just studying. I’ll see you tomorrow goodbye.” I hung up the phone before he could say another word.

Asher looked at me with concern but I said nothing. I got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen. I bent down and reached into the cabinet pulling out a bottle of vodka. I walked back into the living room and sat down on the couch.

“What are you doing Kendall?” Asher questioned me taking the bottle out of my hands.

“Making myself feel better.” I replied trying to take the bottle away from him.

“Okay, I’ve been quiet this entire time. Will you please tell me what is going on?” it’s time to come clean.

“I need to tell you the entire story, please don’t interrupt me.” I looked at him.

He nodded and scooted closer to me. I started from the beginning to when my brother had passed away. It wasn’t very hard to talk about my brother anymore. I’ve come to terms with his death and I realize now that it wasn’t my fault. I don’t think that I could’ve prevented it from happening.

I then started to talk about the abuse I received and about the trial and what happened with her. Asher just looked at me as though he was thinking about all of this and taking it in. I was glad that he hadn’t said anything or ran away from me.

“That’s who was at the door tonight. Damon, my ex, he had got in contact with my mom and he came to tell me what happened. What he did and why I was getting these threats from my mother. I’m scared that she’s going to show up and beat the shit out of me or worse.” I looked down at my hands as I finished.

It was a good thirty minutes before Asher finally spoke. I was still looking at my hands but when his hand touched mine I looked up into his eyes.

“Hey I know that was difficult for you to tell me. I’m glad you did. I’m always here for you but I think you need to tell your father. You have to tell him before it’s too late.” He said to me with concern written across his face.

“I know I do. I will soon. Thank you for not freaking out and running away from me.” I said looking back at my hands.

“Hey, I would never. I’m here for you if you need me.” He started to rub his thumb across the back of my palm.

“Will you do me a favor?” I asked looked up into his eyes.

“Anything”

“Will you stay with me tonight? I don’t want to be home alone after everything that’s happened today.” I quickly looked back at my hands thinking that he was going to say no. I mean I wouldn’t blame him if he did. I was an emotional wreck and I was unsure of my feelings.

“Of course.” He said lifting my chin so I could see the gorgeous grin that spread across his face.

“Thank you.”