Chapter Nine

“Wake up sweetheart, we’re here.” He said with a smile on his face.

Where exactly was here? It was the longest car ride of my life and I still had no idea where we were, at all.

“Where are we?” I asked rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

“We’re in our new hometown.” Okay really dad could you be even more secretive?

I was starting to get frustrated as we were driving through the town. I really wished my father would tell me where we were. All I knew was it had to be somewhere in California by the beach.

“Dad seriously where the hell are we?” I knew he didn’t like it when I cursed but I was starting to get even more frustrated.

My father let out a sigh as we turned down a street, “We’re at Dillon’s Beach, California. Our new hometown, I know it’s a small town but your mom won’t ever find us here.”

A smile spread across my face. We were now living by the beach; this was going to be so much fun!  

We turned down Oceana Drive so I knew that our house was going to be on the beach. We passed by many gorgeous houses and I still couldn’t believe that I was going to be living on the beach.

When we finally stopped we were in front of this tan looking house and it was huge. It looked to be two stories. As my dad pulled to a stop I jumped out of the car and ran to the front door, I wanted to get into the house and find my bedroom.

“Slow down there kiddo,” my dad said walking up behind me with a house key.

He unlocked the door and I went flying into the house. When I walked into the house it had wood flooring that lead straight to the living which had a huge open window overlooking the ocean. It was a breathtaking sight.

I walked into the kitchen that was adjoined to the living room. It had white marble countertops and white cabinets. The stove and refrigerator were both black and the cabinets hanging on the wall were see-through which was really helpful. It was a small kitchen but it was absolutely gorgeous.

I walked by through the living room and went to the stairs. The stairs had hardwood and were also white. Walking up the stairs I headed towards the two bedrooms. The first bedroom I came across was small and didn’t have a window overlooking the ocean but it did have its own bathroom. That was a plus!

I decided to go look at the other bedroom. This bedroom was huge and it had a window overlooking the ocean. This was the room I wanted. It had its own bathroom and I fell in love with it the moment I walked into it. The room had a fireplace and a balcony that overlooked into the living room.

I was staring out the window mesmerized by the ocean when a pair of hands clamped on my shoulder. I jumped out frightened and calm downed when I realized it was my father.

“Do you mind if I take this bedroom?” I asked him. It was the master bedroom but I hoped he wouldn’t mind.

“Of course not sweetie it’s all yours, now come help unload some boxes.” He smiled down at me and started walking out of the bedroom.

I followed behind my father to help unpack. I was going to love it here.