Chapter Twenty Two

AN: Heart and welcome to Chapter Twenty Two! We're getting close to the end. There's only one more chapter after this one and then the epilogue. So we'll be starting in Gabriel's head (again...I know). Hope you all enjoy! Be sure to drop some comments as you read! Now onward and forward to Chapter Twenty Two!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Gabriel*

I woke up the next morning and felt Raine stir next to me.

"Good morning," she said as she opened her eyes.

"Good morning, love," I told her.

"What time is it?" Raine asked.

"Just after nine," I replied, "We should probably get ready. The coronation will be starting in a couple of hours."

We both got up and got dressed for the coronation.

We went downstairs and found Stefan in the hallway. He was dressed in a suit and looked somber.

"Stefan," I greeted him. He embraced me.

"It's good to see you, frate," he told me.

"Good to see you too," I told him, "How's Em?"

Stefan smiled at the mention of his own chosen Consort.

"Fiery as ever," Stefan replied, "She's enjoying walking all over the Court and showing them she is worthy of being a Queen." Stefan then turned to Raine. "Cumnată," he greeted Raine.

I smacked him upside the head.

"Really?!" I asked.

Stefan grinned mischievously.

"What?" he asked.

"She's not your sister in law yet, Stefan," I told him. Raine blushed.

"I know," Stefan replied, "It's just fun to tease you."

I rolled my eyes.

"Shall we go to the coronation or are you going to continue behaving like a mischievous imp?" I asked.

Stefan smirked.

"Alright, let's go," he agreed.

The three of us walked into the throne room and found that Starlene, Calder, Mother, and Leon were already there. We joined them and Stefan greeted Mother with a hug.

"I've missed you," she told him.

"I've missed you too," Stefan replied.

Stefan released Mother and the trumpets sounded. We all turned our attention to the throne room doors.

The doors opened and in came Melisande. She looked somber, but that was to be expected given that she had just lost her Mother.

She walked down the carpeted aisle and stopped in front of the throne.

"Who approaches the throne?" the priest asked. This was the traditional way of starting a coronation in faerie culture.