Chapter Ten

AN: Hello and welcome to Chapter Ten! I'm not sure if it's safe for me to come out of hiding yet, so I'm still hidden away. We'll be starting in Starlene's head this time. Hope you all enjoy! Be sure to drop some comments as you read! Now onward and forward to Chapter Ten!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Starlene*

I was in the library with Calder. We were reading by the fireplace. Malcolm had been trying to find Genevieve for a while now, and while I appreciated his efforts, I wished that she wasn't so hard to find. I desperately needed to find my Mother.

The doors of the library opened with a loud bang and Calder and I looked up to find Damien standing there. He strode over to us and poured himself a glass of wine. He took a long sip and slumped into the chair across from us. I sighed, knowing that whatever had brought Damien here wasn't good.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I just spoke to Gabe," Damien told me.

"And?" I asked.

"And it seems our little brother has not only slept with Melisande, but he also rejected Raine," Damien told me, "Raine is his soul mate. He's fallen for her, but he's too consumed by the terms of this contract."

"God he is so stupid," I sighed as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

Damien's phone rang and the three of us glanced at it. Leon's name flashed on the screen and Damien looked at it curiously. He answered it and placed the call on speaker.

"You're on speaker with me, the Queen of Shadows, and the King of Midnight, Leon," Damien told him.

"Good," Leon told us, "Maybe one of you can talk some sense into your brother."

"What did he do now?" I asked.

"He's decided to get married to Crown Princess Melisande," Leon stated, "He's asked Queen Tatiana to make arrangements for the wedding."

Damien, Calder, and I gasped.

"Raine and I are going to stall the wedding plans for as long as we can," Leon told us, "But we can really only guarantee you two days. Please. You need to get him out of this. Raine is his soul mate. He needs to be with her."

"We'll do everything we can," Damien assured Leon, "Thanks for the update, Leon."

Damien hung up and turned to me and Calder.

"Where are we with finding a way out of that contract?" he asked.

I sighed.

"Damien...the thing is...we may have a way out," I told him, "But you might not like me very much if I tell you."

Damien raised an eyebrow at that.

"Now you have me a bit concerned," he told me, "Star, what's going on?"

"Okay," I conceded, "Mamă is alive."

"I'm sorry, what?" Damien asked, not sure if he'd heard me correctly.

"Mamă is alive," I repeated.