Chapter Nineteen

AN: Hello and welcome to Chapter Nineteen! We'll be starting in Gabriel's head again. Hope you all enjoy! Be sure to drop some comments as you read! Now onward and forward to Chapter Nineteen!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Gabriel*

I stood out on the field the next afternoon, waiting for Melisande, trying not to worry.

Raine was with Starlene, Calder, and my Mother. She was well protected. Nothing was going to happen to her. But even knowing all that, didn't stop me from worrying.

I was worried about her and what her visions would do her. I was worried about the Court of Faeries finding out about Raine's clairvoyant abilities.

If they found out, Raine would be in terrible danger.

So now, I was not only training Melisande to get out of this marriage contract, I was also doing this to get Raine out of the Flower Valley. 

"Gabriel?" I heard a voice call.

I turned and found Melisande walking towards me.

I slipped on my emotionless mask to hide the worry that was visible on my face and moved to greet the faerie Princess.

"Melisande," I greeted her, "You're on time. Let's get started."

She nodded and we walked out to the middle of the field. But before we could begin our duel, I felt a sharp pain in my back.

Then I heard Melisande scream and everything started getting blurry. I felt myself falling to the ground and the last thing I saw before everything went black was Melisande's terrified expression.

*Raine*

*Raine*

"Raine!" I heard someone shout. I looked up and found Leon rushing towards me, Maricara, Starlene, and Calder.

"What is it, Leon?" I asked.

"It's Gabriel," Leon replied as he skidded to a stop in front of me, "Someone shot him during his training session with Melisande."

"What?!" I asked, "Where is he?!"

I had felt a sharp pain in my back, but I didn't think too much of it, but now I realized that sharp pain had probably been caused by Gabriel's pain. I hadn't known how deep blood sharing bonds could run until now.

Leon lead us all out to the training field. I saw Gabriel laying on the grass and started screaming. There was an arrow sticking out of his back and he was bleeding. God there was so much blood.