Chapter 15

•Kayden Pov•

I tiptoed slowly down the stairs, with my arms crossed, and tightly pressed into myself. I could feel myself heating up, and I shook with nerves.

Honestly, well, in my own opinion, Darren had that coming. He's a fucking meddler. He's a bastard. He's just a damn vampire. Of course I'm going to be sketchy of him. And plus, he's already interfered a lot.

Goddamn! I live with Molly to have a normal life. A normal teenage life. But there are vampires, VAMPIRES who live with me! Who are dating my foster mom!

Once I entered my living room, I finally realized that I was alone. I was somewhat relieved, but a little nervous. Oh god, They're telling Molly, and she's going to kick me out. I'm going to be thrown in a home where I'm beat again. It's going to be just like back home with Steve!

I brought my thumb to my teeth again, and pressed deeply. I caught onto that from my mom. Molly doesn't know. She won't understand, she never will.

I pulled it away when I felt a small nick in the tip. I drew blood, and wiped it on my pants casually.

I looked outside, and the car was gone, but the cirque was still outside. Maybe Darren and the other worthless vampires were out there too. I shrugged off the though.

So Darren claims that he's my uncle. He isn't. It's Molly and Me. Nobody else.

I went into the kitchen, and pulled out a bottle of Banana Rum. I make my best decisions drunk. However, that doesn't mean I make good ones. I shook my head, then walked outside with the bottle.

I jumped on my skateboard and took off. I kept my eyes on the freaks in my backyard, though. A couple eyed me suspiciously, but who really doesn't these days?

       I went up to the bridge, but I wasn't going to jump. Death right then and there didn't seem right. It felt like I now had to accomplish something else before I died.

I took my time with the Rum. It didn't taste the best, so I sipped it. After I started getting tipsy, my mind started wandering.

If I joined my dad, Steve in the vampaneeze world, I could have every excuse they needed to kill Darren and the 'gang'. I could leave Molly who turned her back on me. Maybe Dad would actually be proud of me. Maybe he would actually be my dad! I could be a girl. That's how people see me, even though I don't prefer it. I guess that's life though. Not for the fucking vampires! They can be whoever the fuck they want to be!

"What is it about a bridge that catches your attention?" Somebody asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I looked over to see the green haired vampire dressed in animal hides. He jumped on the rail with me, and looked at me with amused eyes.

I shrugged my shoulders, and took a swig of the Rum.

"May I have some?" He asked. He didn't seem like the type to ask anyone for anything.

I didn't say anything, or even nod, but I handed him the bottle.

He took a gulp, then passed it back. "I've had better." He commented. "Humans are always tempering with alcohol flavors. I say, do they have whiskey that tastes like beef yet?" He laughed, though he said it seriously.

"Not in the mood to joke?"

I shrugged my shoulders.

"What's going through that active head of yours? It never stops running for you, does it?"