Chapter two

•Darren pov•

I sat next to Kayden, and across from Mr. Crepsley. He sat next to Molly.

"Kayden, what do you like to do?" Mr. Crepsley asked her. I don't think he was actually interested, but I'm not sure with him sometimes.

Kayden shrugged.

"Answer him." Molly said.

"I like to read, write, draw." she mumbled. Kayden set her fork down, then brought her thumb to her mouth. It was the tip, like where I was blooded. She took her front teeth, then pushed her thumb into then.

"Thumb!" Molly smacked her hand away from her mouth. Kayden removed her thumb, looked at the tip, then wiped away the spit. "I want you out of this habbit." Molly scowled. Kayden shook her head, then got up from the table. I thought she was going to leave, instead she went to her room.

•Kayden pov•

Little bitch. She knows I do that when I'm scared or nervous. Then she had to draw attention by calling me out. Really? I brought my thumb to my teeth again, nervous to face them again. But a little blood like that is nothing.

I walked to my desk, then pulled out some scissors. Four cuts. Four lines of blood, four scars.

"Kayde, you okay, Man?" Darren opened my door. Why didn't I lock it?

"Jesus!" he gasped. Okay, if you saw this kid, then you know he's seen blood.

"Becuase you don't have any scars..." I mumbled.

"I do. Not like this! Not self inflicted!" he grabbed my hand.

"Molly can't know."

He lightened his grip. Holy crap he was strong! I looked at my hand. Wait, how could he bruise it? I held it and gaped.

"I'm sorry, Kayden." Darren said, looking alarmed.

"You don't look that strong!" I said Astonished.

"What should I do about your arm?" he was quick to change the subject.

"It'll stop." I shrugged. I saw his fingertips. Each one had a small scar on it, as if someone pressed into it.

"Do you bite yourself?" I asked. I haven't really spoken to anyone in a long time. Kids at school want nothing to do with 'A nasty amboniation. A freakish fag. A retard who doesn't know girl from boy.' I try to skip school. I wear unisex clothes. Normal jeans and normal shirts. But they just know I'm not the same as them.

"No. I got these... It's hard to explain." he didn't want to talk about it. I guess that's okay.

"Can you leave, I wanna go to sleep." I stared at the floor, and cross my good arm over the bleeding one.

He nodded, then quiclky disappeared. His quickness reminded me of something, but I'm not sure.

Oh well, that's what happens when I get too tired.

•Darren pov•

We finished dinner with Molly. She was nice, funny, and a pleasure. I felt bad about Kayden. Molly hit a spot there. Then I saw her arm. It wasn't that I needed blood, but if I told Mr. Crepsley, he could've healed it. I felt really bad when she saw my fingers. I see where she thought I bit myself, and her eyes looked almost pained when I said no.

"Darren!" Mr. Crepsley barked, snapping my out o my thoughts. "I have been trying to talk to you. I am use to you spacing out, but not this much."

"Sorry." I rubbed the back of my neck. "When did you start speaking?" shit. I knew Crepsley hated repeating himself.