Chapter Sixteen

•Darren Pov•

Holy shit....

Evanna called Kayden a girly name. Kayden called Evanna a witch. You NEVER call Evanna a witch!

"I'm sorry, Darling what was that?" Lady Evanna smirked. She was giving Kayden a second chance, but Kayden didn't know what she did wrong.

"I didn't stutter." Kayden snapped. "Nor did I mumble. I asked if you're a witch. Can you cast spells?" My knees shook together, and I wasn't even involved. But I knew her abilities. They could get horrifying.

"Kayden James Caleb get upstairs!" Molly shouted. She grabbed Kayden's arm, and dragged her up the stairs. Evanna turned to face us.

"You were a lot more intimidating with me." I muttered.

Evanna smiled nicely. "Darren, there is time." She winked.

"Just don't hurt her. She's is my niece, after all."

"And you forget, young Shan, that she's mine too."

"Tiny sure knows how to work his ways."

Before anyone could respond, we heard shouting, and pounding above us. It would be simple to hear with human ears too, but what came next was only heard by us.

Someones skin came in contact the other persons. We froze, shocked, unsure what to think. Molly wouldn't usually hit, and if Kayden got started, then she would take it even farther. A slap could turn into a stab in a matter of seconds.

Kayden stormed down the stairs with her hand held over her cheek.

"You're all a bunch of fucking creeps and freaks!" She spat. Kayden tugged on the door, about to leave, but it flung closed, out of her grasp.

Evanna put down her hand, and grinned.

Kayden glared at Evanna with fire burning in her eyes.

"I'm sorry dear, did I upset you?" Evanna asked in almost a taunting voice.

"No. Now let me leave." Kayden wasn't phased.

"Oh, Kaydence." Evanna shook her head. "Didn't anybody teach you manners?"

"Cause you really deserve them." Kayden muttered. I flinched at her responses."Why do people call you Lady Evanna?" She asked without a care in the world. "You don't seem very lady like."

Evanna's jaw dropped. I didn't think anything could surprise her, but Kaydens something else....

"Darren," Mr. Crepsley hissed in my ear. "I am pleased that you have learned your place."

I grinned like a fool. Making Mr. Crepsley proud of me is something that I try to do very hard.

Kayden began to leave again, when her feet were pulled out from under her.

"What the hell?" Kayden screeched. Her limbs were being twisted, and you could hear them snap and pop.

"Fucking stop!" We couldn't tell if it was pain or furry that unsettled her.

"Learn your place, young Kaydence. Don't talk back to your elders. Have respect. For yourself, as well."

"Don't fucking call me Kaydence." Kayden growled. "One person calls me Kaydence, and it sure as hell won't be a witch like yourself!"

Evanna stepped back, shocked that Kayden still spoke back, even after being attacked.

There was an eerie silence before Kayden stormed out of the house. Evanna didn't stop her this time, but we were still confused on how she wasn't phased.

•Kayden pov•

I fumbled around with my phone, walking absentmindedly around. I thought about Paysen. She was the only one who could call me Kaydence. She's the one who brought out the girl in me again. But she's gone. Steve has her now.

My best friend is a Vampaneeze. My father is The Lord.

I'm a human who's gender is off.

My foster mom is engaged to a vampire. His assistant is my uncle. There is a freak show in my back yard.

I'm a worthless human.

I got attacked by a witch.

Destiny hates me.

I love my life!

I walked until I found of rail road tracks. They weren't abandoned, and used quite often.

I sat down in the middle, and I wasn't going to move.

"Kayden Caleb?" A voice spoke behind me.

"Yup." I didn't care who it was.

"Finally found you." He stated. Then it hit me who he was. I should probably run, but that would do me no good.

"Gannen." I smirked. Not facing him.

"I heard you wanted to join us?"

"Under a couple conditions."

"We will discuss them." I could sense him smile as well. "We'd love to have another Leonard on our side."

"I won't be known as Steve's daughter." I stated clearly. "Or son, or child."

Gannen nodded. "Come, though. We will discuss this with Steve and the others."

"Do you still have Paysen?"

"Yes."

"Let's go."