Chapter 12

~*Sorry it's taking super long to upload..I LOVE YOU*~

•Darren Pov•

I wasn't feeling well enough for school today. I haven't been drinking as much blood as I probably should be, as well as my sleeping habits are thrown off. Kayden was suppose to stay home, but he ran out of the house, and Molly gave up.

"Darren you have to drink." Mr. Crepsley snapped at me.

"I'm sorry, but no! It's just too damn weird!"

"You were doing fine for years."

"I haven't been living amongst humans like I am now."

Mr. Crepsley walked away, grumbling about something.

The house phone started ringing, and Vancha was there to pick it up. It was a gloomy day, and nobody felt like sleeping.

"Hello?" Vancha spoke.

"Uh, sure. Yeah. Um. Oh. Okay. Yeah." His face dropped.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Kayden." He shook his head.

"What's wrong with him?"

"Molly?" He shouted, ignoring me.

"What's wrong?" Molly came in, worried.

"They found Kayden badly beaten in school. They need you or someone down there." He explained. Molly didn't say anything, instead just quickly left. Crepsley right behind her.

•Kayden Pov•

I sat up in the nurse's room, holding a Kleenex over my bleeding nose. 

"Kayden!" Molly rushed into the room, and pulled me in for a hug. "Oh, my God." She muttered under her breath.

"Molly, may I please speak to Kayden?" Larten asked. I never liked the way he spoke. He was just so damn serious. Molly nodded, and left the room. Larten crouched down to my level and rubbed his spit on my mounds, making the bleeding stop.

"Thanks." I whispered.

"Kayden, what we have to talk about is very serious. We can wait until your wounds heal, however, it is very important." I trembled under his voice. Oh God, Larten is going to hit me and beat me!

~*~
"Kayde, I have to leave, Larten and them are here if you need anything." Molly told me. "You need to go downstairs, it isn't healthy to draw yourself away from people."

"Kay." I sighed, and followed her. 

I plopped down on the couch, and glared at Larten. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. He's a damn vampire, and he's just going to hurt everyone.

"Kayden, we need to talk about Steve." Larten said, gloomily.

"Hell no!" I snapped, and started getting up. Vancha shot up quickly, I didn't notice, but his hand held my wrist tightly. "Let me go!" I shrieked, letting some girlishness out.

"We need to talk about Steve! You need to tell us where we can find him!" He shouted.

"I'm not aloud to know that!" I shouted back, and pressed my face against his. "Now let me go, I can't help you."

•Darren Pov•

Kayden rubbed his wrist, and kept staring that the hand shaped bruise Vancha left.

"Stop staring at me, you creep." He spat at me.

"S-sorry." I felt embarrassed.

"What, are you like, in need of blood or something?"

When I didn't respond, and my face heated up, Kayden threw his head back and laughed a little. "You are!"

"A little.' I mumbled.

"What, do you want to drink from me?"

"I-uh..um..."

"I don't care." He simply said. If you need it..." Kayden shrugged. I looked to my mentor who nodded. He stayed next to me as I made a small slit in Kayden's shoulder, and sucked. I didn't take much, only what I needed, and could already tell that it helped.

Then I stopped to think about what I'd just done. I drank blood, from my mentor's(who's a vampire) girlfriend's foster kid.

A normal human could never say that!

Mr. Crepsley rubbed spit on Kayden's shoulder. "It is going to scar." He told him.

"I have plenty others. It'll fit right in." Kayden said, casually.

"Kayden, are you sure you don't know anything about Steve? Or hell, vampaneeze in general?" I nagged him on.

Kayden let out a deep sigh, then started talking.

"Mr. Tall, will you please keep an eye on Kayden?" I asked him, Kayden standing extremely annoyed to my side.

"Of course." Mr. Tall smiled.

Steve, here we come!

~*~

Thank god we are just done with the damn tunnels." I mumbled to myself. But I wasn't exactly too thrilled about where we were now either.

I looked up to the tall building of abandoned apartments. It first started out as a mental institution, and was a little scared, honestly.

Kayden said Steve lives here with Gannen. I could feel the heat come off of Vancha's angry body. "Ready to fight some bastards." He growled.

"It is not exactly fair to fight just yet." Mr. Crepsley said.

"Then what the hell are we doing here?" I hissed, irritated.

Nobody said anything. And actually, I agreed with the old vampire on this. I wasn't ready to fight quite yet.

We clutched our small weapons or our bodies and walked up to the twelfth floor. Pretty high up...I gulped, and shook, then started walking.

"Darren, get on my back." My Crepsley told me.

"Why?" I asked, shaky.

"You are trembling much." He noted. I nodded, then hopped on his back.

Once we got to the room, we cautiously tiptoed over to the door,

"They're here." Vancha whispered.

Let all Hell loose.