The Double Dare

I nudged the door slightly and it opened with a sickening creek.I tip-toed inside and the door slammed silently behind me. The room was drafty and I hugged my sweater closely to my chest. I looked at my watch, only 20 minutes more. I turned when I heard strange laughter behind me.

I noisely scrambled to the door, I wanted out. My skin started burning but I couldn't see why in the dark room. Suddenly the room became ice-cold. A small light illuminated a peculiar, suspended mirror. I couldn't help but walk towards it. The mirror was only just in my fingers when the light went out.

The mirror glowed in my hands and I could see the distorted image of what I assumed was my face. It glared menacingly at me but disappeared along with the hand-mirror as a piano started playing. The music was soft and melodious at first but soon changed into a monstrous carcophony of noise accompanied by ghostly wails and cackles.

The destinct sound of rusted shackles soon met my ears. The creature came near nearer and hoarsely whispered, "Leave while you still can." The shackled creature came even closer causing me to back up. It kept repeating "Go, Go, Go now!"

I bumped into a cold, smooth surface. The light above me lit with a small *click*. A mirror, I'd bumped into a large mirror! The creature hissed and scuttled away.

I couldn't see the begining or end of this giant looking glass. I was so intranced that I barely blinked when the reflection moved on its own. I looked closely at it and the mirror me shrugged. I waved yet it did not, all it did was sneeze silently.

It started talking but I could hear nothing. I leaned in closer and an evil grin flashed across its face. I'd had no time to react before it pulled me into the mirror. I opened my eyes and felt a strange weight on my wrists and ankles. I moved them only to hear the same *clink* as earlier.

I looked at my watch but ig was gone. I'd never get out in time! I heard the door open and saw my dople-ganger walk out. It gave me a wry wink before saying to my friends "Who's turn is it next?"