Chapter 1

My mother, father and I sat around the dinner table. We said our prayers and we thanked each other. Just as we were about to begin eating, royal guards in green uniforms busted down our door. My father got up to try and stop them, but one of them drew out their sword and plunged it into my father's stomach. "Father!" I yelled and as I tried to run up to him, my mother stopped me.

She forced me into her room and she closed the door. "Open the door." I heard a guard command my mother. I didn't know what else happened, but I heard the sound of the sword as it scraped against the scabbard. I heard my mom scream and then I heard a thud. I was in fear, frightened that I would be next.

Then, the window broke into a million pieces. I jumped up, startled and a person in all black jumps in. He held his hand out to me. Without thinking, I placed my hand into his. Even though I hardly know this person, for all I know, he could be a bad guy. But, all I really wanted was to get out of there. I didn't want to be next to be killed.

The man grabbed ahold of my hand and dragged me out of the window. We ran together, far from my house. We continued running towards the forest that separated the Sun district and the Moon district. I clutched a piece of my kimono in my hand to lift it up above my feet, so I was able to run.

We reached this cave-like structure with two metal doors. They opened up and we ran inside and they closed behind us. We stopped running, but didn't stop moving. We were walking and I didn't know where this man was taking me. All I hoped was that nothing bad was going to happen.

We approached another small building and it looked like a regular house. A guard stood in front of the house-looking building and the guard bowed his head in respect when the man passed by him. I bowed to the guard and then followed the man inside. It looked like a house inside, the way the furniture was set up. A table in the middle with cushions on the floor, surrounding the table. Rolled up mats rested against the wall.

The man slid open a door to a room that looked like a regular bedroom. He slid the door closed behind him and went to the wall and placed his hand on a particular spot. Then, the wall opened up like two big sliding doors, parting from each other. He waited for me to walk inside and then he closed the wall back up.

It got dark, but another set of doors opened. Man... This place has maximum security. Kind of like a prison. Oh no, am I under arrest or something? People were gathered around a large table. The eldest looking one looked up at us and smiled. "Cyan! Nissa! So glad to see you two!" He said as he walked up to us.
How does he know my name? I bowed to him and then Cyan took off his head cover and revealed his face. He had a scar that ran from his temple to the corner of his lips. He had bright orange eyes and brown hair that was so straight and pointy at the ends.

"You don't need to stare at my scar." Cyan said rudely as he crossed his arms and looked to the elder man. "My name is Yane. I'm the boss around here. I'll explain after the others introduce themselves." He said as he turned his head and gestured his hand to them to come over.

One with dark blue eyes and blonde hair smiled. He was short, but skinny. "I'm Malin! I'm still a ninja in training, but I work as Cyan's assistant!" He said joyfully and I smiled as I bowed. "N-no! You do not need to bow, here, we bow to you." Yane said and I nodded.

Another one with black hair, yellow eyes and he was tall and masculine. "I'm Kai, second rank ninja here." His deep voice startled me. I bowed out of habit and then I straightened myself when I caught myself bowing. Yane cleared his throat as he nudged Cyan with his elbow. Cyan sighed, "I'm Cyan, the top ninja in this squad." He said and then walked off.

"Excuse his manners, anyways, we are the N.P.S. Ninja Protection Squad. We protect the ones who are important, and you are very important. We are all ninjas, specially trained to protect. As I said, I'm Yane, I'm the boss of the squad, the leader of this group. I used to be a active ninja back in the days, but as you see, I'm a little old, in my 40's. Outside of the N.P.S I work as a chairman in the Sun district. Cyan outside, works as a chef in the restaurant Meet The Taste in the Moon district..."

"I've been there before! It's so delicious there!" I said, interrupting him. "Uh, I-I'm sorry! Please continue..." I added.

"It's alright. Malin works as a waiter there as well, but just keep in mind, outside of the N.P.S, Malin and Cyan are 'brothers' got it? Okay. And for Kai, he works as my personal driver. Which is kind of fun to boss him around while he drives me where I want." Yane said as he looked over at Kai and started laughing.

His laugh was the funniest I have ever heard. I covered my mouth as I laughed quietly. "Kai also works as our security guard at N.P.S." Yane added and I nodded. "Where will she sleep?" Malin asked Yane. "I really need Cyan to keep watch of her. Cyan!" Yane called out and Cyan came walking in. "Yes, boss?" He answered.

"Offer Nissa a room at your house." Yane commanded and Cyan shook his head. "I, but... The Moon district is more dangerous than the Sun district. Can't you get Kai to babysit her?!" Cyan complained. Very unlike a ninja to be complaining like a baby. And babysit?! I'm not a child, who does he think he is to be treating me like a child?!

"She needs to be there in the Moon district and because I said so! If you don't like it, then you can get out of N.P.S!" Yane yelled and Cyan's eyes widened. "B-but... Yes, sir..." He said as he hung his head.

Cyan sighed as he took me by the wrist and dragged me with him. We went through all the doors and got out of the main, large, metal doors. He squatted down in front of me, "Get on my back." He commanded. "Um..." I hesitated. "Just do it!" He said coldly and I got on his back. I draped my arms over his chest. He pulled his black mask over his face and then he started running. He was very light on his feet and quick as lightning.

We got to his house and he got inside quickly, locking his doors. "The guards are still searching for you. It'll be best if you stayed inside for a while." Cyan said as he took off his mask.

His house wasn't big. There were no rooms except for the bathroom, he clearly slept out here. There was at least a small kitchen. Just a stove and a sink and a small cabinet. Cyan grabbed a rolled up mat from the corner and he unrolled it and spread it on the floor. "You can sleep on it." He said. "I can sleep on the floor. I shouldn't be rude and take your things away. I'm already a trouble enough staying here." I insisted and he shook his head.

"As much as I dislike you being here, you're a woman and I respect women. Please do, sleep on the mat. I'm a ninja, I can sleep anywhere, so please you need not worry about me." He said as he bowed his head in respect. I sighed and nodded as I climbed onto the mat. He handed me a blanket and I pulled it over.

My first night with my new life. I don't know how the rest of my days will be like.