Forging the future

-Attention! You scums are here to learn the art of war, you're here to serve the UNSC and humanity, from now on you will eat, sleep, breathe and work as a team, because from today you're a team, and I warn you that you will suffer like never before, I will submit you to my orders, I swear will sweat and cry a shit but those who remain standing until the end will become the best that the army could have, now go with the Williams cadet, she will show your rooms, I hope you sleep like babies because tomorrow at 0500 I want your asses in a row, have you understood?-

Well it wasn't the welcome she expected but at least they had one.

The training was hard, very hard, she had never done so many things in a single day and for God's sake muscles ached that she didn't even know she have.

They ran in the rain and under the burning sun, they crawled through the mud and plunged into icy waters, each and every day they spent in that place was like visiting hell, she never imagined that it would be so difficult and the worst It was the food, not that it tasted horrible but I missed eating her favorite dishes whenever she wanted.

The first months were extremely complicated, sometimes she even received some mockery from her teammates, especially when she had some of her monumental failures while performing some exercise, however she was determined to move on, even if she was to be honest a couple of times thought throw the towel and get out of there, but every time that thought came she remembered why she was there.

Many harsh winters passed and miles of leaves fell from the trees in each fall, season after season over and over again, spring announcing the arrival of a new cycle, time seemed an illusion that brought successes and failures, joys and sorrows.

Day by day the innocent girl with white skin like rice, with eyes more blue than the sky and black hair as the night, was disappearing and became a strong, intelligent and bold woman who had achieved what she so longed for 10 years ago, Now she was part of the military unit, it cost her a lot of work but in fact it was one of the best of her generation, she had also managed to fulfill her promise, destiny gathered Nuray and Dominic again to be under the service of the same captain in The same ship.

December 2552
Planet Earth

Everyone was preparing for battle, they had been given the order to go down to the Instalation and put an end to those damn Covenant, this time they were ready to end that war.

-Go Marines! get ready, we'll cross the portal- Johnson had given orders to everyone what they would do as soon as they arrived at the Instalation.

During the war against the Covenant Nuray and all his teammates in the platoon they had fought fiercely and cunningly, however the current circumstances were different, an alliance with the elites "split lips" really?, well things change and now he had to endure those beasts. It was very strange to see them standing there without trying to kill each other and she certainty that they thought the same.

Her attention shifted to the conversation of a pair of Marines who were next to her.

-I just saw it, I can't believe we're working with who ended up with Reach-

-You don't know? Among one of these bastards is Thel 'Vadamee-, said one of the Marines somewhat irritated.

-And now we must share weapons, this sucks!-, continued the other.

-Who is he?-, Nuray returned to the previous topic interested in knowing more about the mentioned elite.

-Who, 'Vadamee? It's just the bad-born bastard that ended many colonies and killed millions... Estuary, Bounty, Alluvion, Reach, but... this is about a greater good, isn't it? We work with them for the good of humanity - he spoke furiously and sadly at the same time.

Her eyes widened when she heard that name, "Did you say Alluvion?"

-And many more-

"Vadamee" thinking of that name made her feel full of rage, closed her fist in frustration of knowing that she was a few meters away from the one who ended her life and that she could do absolutely nothing.

Suddenly, the sergeant's voice pulled her out of her thoughts, they were about to cross the portal.