Feel lost in the World

She ran inside whipping the door behind her, climbed into her room and triedcontacted her parents.

"Come on, answer," they didn't answer so she took her baggy pink sweater and put on her white sneakers, went back down to the living room thinking about going out to look for them but something got in her way.

Before could reach the door she felt a chill that runned her body, she stopped dead because knew something was very wrong. Suddenly a strange light came on right in front of her which caused her immense terror, she backed away and although she tripped over the carpet she didn't stop, crawled back but still perplexed by what her eyes saw.

She heard a few steps moving towards her and for an instant the invisible thing revealed a strange being a Saurian type, she couldn't even see what it was, she just had a horrible panic and knew had to run. The alien raised his weapon and lashed out towards her, but the girl had a stroke of luck somehow, she turned on the ground and dodged it. She got up as fast as he could and ran out the front door.

Ran non-stop but on her way just was only chaos, people running everywhere, damaged cars and lifeless bodies, she felt stupid because she wasn't noticed before what was happening.

Her heart almost stopped out because of the effort she had made but a thought stopped her, "my parents! They ... ", She didn't want to finish that sentence, was hoping she could still find them with life so being careful to get to the organization building where they both worked an she would have arrive but her destiny wasn't to die that day.

The building was already close, she will only have to make one last effort but suddenly a plasma shot passed in front of her impacting on a man who was fleeing, the impression of having seen that led her to skid on her knees but even in that moment she didn't stop and crawled the back of a rubble, she was very scared, she didn't know what to do, just wanted to be with her family again.

She sat down hugging her legs, she could hear the screams and laments of people, also explosions and words in some strange language, everything was a bizarre nightmare, and was about to get worse.

A green shooting exploded just to the side of her face, she could feel an immense heat that almost hit the target, tried to get up to get out of there but had creatures around it, were very large and didn't seem to have mercy. One of the strange bird-like aliens rised his weapon and it made generate an intense green light, then he pointed the gun to her head.

She closed her eyes tightly, she hoped to die at any moment but the blows of luck continued to appear.

The creature was shot in the head falling lifeless instantly, the rest attempt to escape but were hit and attacked by a small platoon of Marines. One of them approached and took her by the arm.

"Quickly get the survivors out of here!" He ordered another of the soldiers.

-Understood Sergeant, we will go to the extraction area-

The little girl could not understand what was happening but she knew was that she wanted to be with her parents. He let go of the soldier's hand and ran towards the building.

-Hey come back here! -

She heard the soldier's voice behind her but ignored him, it was then that a marine crossed her path and quickly take her in his arms preventing from continuing on her way.

-I have you! -

-No, let me go! I have to get there - She said between sobs.

The young African-American Marine looked forward and immediately knew where the girl wanted to go, -Why do you want to go there? -.

-My mom and dad, they are in there, I have to go with them- Could listen the desperation in her voice.

The Marine looked thrill at her, "Perez quickly takes the girl and takes her to the Pelican along with the others."

-Yes, but what will you do? -

-Maybe there are survivors in that building, I'll go to investigate-

-I'm go with you-

-No, take the girl and make sure she is safe-.

Perez nodded and took Nuray where had indicated to him, when they were on their way and just when the little girl board the Pelican they heard a horrible sound, it was that building that she had so much wanted to reach, was shot by one of the alien ships and It came down.

-Nooooooo! Noooo, let me go! Mom... Dad... -, She just broke into tears feeling completely helpless.

The few survivors in the transport couldn't help but cry when they saw her in that condition, they have not only witnessed the almost inevitable death of her parents and many others, but also that they were also in the same tragic situation.