Inspiration

She couldn't believe what happened, still thought that all was of a bitter dream and wanted it to end. It had been a few hours since they succeeded on the ship, the soldiers called it Hidden Storm and it was one of the cruises that tried to defend Alluvion but clearly their mission had gone from defense of the planet to the extraction of survivors.

The girl was in the medical bay, she was still dumbfounded, she hadn't any expression on her face and seemed as if her body was present but not her mind. She could hear the voice of a nurse talking about her with someone else.

-It will be fine, it has some bruises but nothing serious-

-Well, thanks- the man with whom the nurse was talking went to Nuray, -Hello, how do you feel? You're all right? -. But she didn't answer anything, she didn't even look at him.

-I ... I'm very sorry, we'll soon be on Earth but tell me if there is anyone we can contact, a relative... -

-No one- She finally responded completely discouraged, -There's no one else, it was just my parents and me-.

-Tell me how old are you? -

-Thirteen ... - She started crying and the marine hugged her to try to comfort her.

-You should have let me die, so I could be with them-

-Don't say that, you still have a life ahead of you, i'm understand what you're going through, you know? We are very similar, you must be strong and get ahead-.

-Dominic Sergeant needs you! - A soldier interrupted his little speech.

-I'll go right away-, He returned where the girl, -I must go but we will see each other again, is that ok?-

-Wait! ... Thank you ... For trying to reach them-

Dominic smiled her, -Rest well and eat something-, He stroked her head and left.

>>>

They had arrived on Earth and now were in a refuge along with many other survivors from other planets who had the same fate as theirs. She was sitting alone watching the faces of pain and sadness of all who were there until she saw a familiar face approach.

-I told you we would see each other again, how do you are now?

-Good... I guess - she sighed, -Dominic right? -.

-Dom, you can call me Dom, now are you going to tell me your name? -

-Nuray-

-Nice name-

-How old are you? Aren't you too young to be a soldier? - She seemed a little calmer and curious about the young Marine who had helped her.

"Well, I am, I'm eighteen," He laughed and stroked her head, "You remind me so much of my little sister."

-Really? And where is she?

Dominic's face saddened for a moment, -She is gone, she got sick and could never recover-.

-I'm sorry, I didn't want ... -

-Don't worry is fine, she had no pain and didn't have to go through the hell that the Covenant brought to us-

-Covenant?...What is that?-

-The bad born that have been attacking us-

-Why? What did we do them? - She seemed more anxious.

-No one knows, they only appeared one day and decided they would we must to die, and that's why I'm here, because I decided had to do something to help humanity, I wanted to be part of some good and give some hope to people.

Those words woke something up in Nuray, she understood what Dominic meant when he told her that she still had a life ahead, "Well... if i survived above all others, if i'm alive then will not in vain. Dad, mom, wherever you are, I will make you proud of me".