The color of the skies

Planet Alluvion, Bhaakto System
Year: 2544
Age War Human-Covenant

Warm abundant territories within the planet, being seen from the outside might seem unpleasant to live, however its climate was spectacular, warm, although sometimes it could be suffocating, it was like having a huge beach at the mercy of humanity to establish a new colony , and so it was.

Although wasn't very common, there were days when the calm sky seemed to sympathize with the inhabitants of these lands, the rain fell seeming not to cease all night, but at dawn flora and fauna seemed to be grateful for the present granted.

During one of these long and scarce nights of intense rain the sky set aside its dark colors to turn reddish, purple clouds and scarlet lightning draw in the atmosphere, all those who inhabited didn't imagine the horrific event that was about to hit them.

She came home, her soaked hair covered almost her entire face, she took off her shoes and put them on the porch almost next to the front door, announced her arrival as every day, but this time she received no response, so she simply went to her room.

(Picture is not mine, I just edited it. Credits to the respective author).

It was midnight and there was no sign of her parents, in fact after thinking a moment she had realized that she hadn't heard any noise. Despite living in a quiet street, the sound of passing cars or neighbors chatting was quite common, but not tonight, the silence turned out to be overwhelming. Suddenly a thunderous sound broke the calm of the night.

She quickly went down the stairs to find the source of that rumble. The front door seemed fine, a sound more affected her attention, she looked at the back door finding open and knocked again and again due to the unusual and intense wind. She hurried to close the door, but as soon as she approached it she couldn't help looking at the sky, it seemed as if it was hell itself. A sense of terror and uncertainty engraved throughout his body when she realized the huge object that furrowed the skies.

-What is that? - It was the only thing that came out of his mouth, she was really shocked by what I had just seen, She was actually paralyzed.