2.9: 1-1= Nothing or 2

[A/N.; This is the last chapter. Thank you for reading. Thank you for all of your votes & comments. I hope that you enjoyed the story. So for one last time, vote & comment! This unedited! Deuces!✌🏾]
____________

'Hey, I don't know much about guns but I
I've been shot by you
Hey, and I don't know when I'm gon' die, but I hope
That I'm gon' die by you
Hey, and I don't know much about fighting, but I, I know
I will fight for you
Hey, just when I ball up my fist I realize
That I'm laying right next to you'

-Beyoncé (1+1)

_____________

Karla

I looked over at them smiling softly. I am so happy for Zayn and Liyah. They have finally tied the knot. I truly hope that they last. Then again, they have shown time and time again that their love can contest the trials of time.

Their relationship is not like my own. Mine crumbled. I thought that Jawaad and I would finally have our happily ever after. That was short lived. I guess our love was not strong enough.

"Can we talk?"

I let out a sigh ignoring his presence. I could smell him. He still wore my favorite cologne. He was close. I could feel his warmth.

"Baby, please?"

Again I ignored him taking a sip from my flute. I did not need this right now. This moment in time was not about him nor I. This day was reserved for our loved ones and I would not let him ruin this day for any of us.

"Karla, do not ignore me any longer. I will pester you until you finally crack, woman. So just please, a few minutes is all that I ask for."

"There is nothing for you to say, Jawaad. You more than said enough already", I retorted before downing the remainder of my drink inside of the flute.

'I need another drink', I decided placing down the flute on a nearby table.

I could hear the crunching of the grass beneath his feet as he followed me around the reception area over to the makeshift bar.

"Don't you think that you have had enough? Isn't that your third, fourth drink now?"

I rolled my eyes ordering their strongest drink. Thanking the bartender I brought the glass up to my lips only for a hand to stop me.

"You have had enough."

I scowled slamming the drink down onto the bar before angrily walking away. He was following me still.

"Leave me alone", I hissed without a glance back towards him.

My forearm was grasped and I was spun around into a hard chest.

"Get your damn hands off of me", I spat shoving at his chest, but he did not let up.

He held me close. His breath fanning over my face.