13: Confronting My Heart

'Why do I make you want to stay
Hate sleeping on my own, missing the way you taste
Now I'm fucked up and I'm missing you
Never be like you

Stop looking at me with those eyes
Like I could disappear and you wouldn't care why
Now I'm fucked up and I'm missing you
Never be like you'

-Flume ft. Kai (Never Be Like You)

_______

Zayn

"Jay, you alright, bro?", Waad asked coming out onto the balcony to stand beside me. I turned to him with a drunken smile. "I'm fucking ace, bro", I slurred. He shook his head letting out a heavy sigh.

I know that it is early but I needed something to help me forget for a moment

I know that it is early but I needed something to help me forget for a moment. I needed something to help me forget the fact that my baby girl left me. I had called her but she did not answer my calls or texts. Hell, she did not even read my texts. I miss her like crazy, but as usual, I have a shitty way of showing my feelings.

I went to take a gulp of my Gin and Juice when it was taken out of my hand. "Whaf (What) da (the) fook (fuck)? Gims (Give) i' (it) 'ack (back)", I slurred reaching for my drink as he held it out of my reach and I stumbled over nothing falling into him causing the glass to slip from his grasp. It fell to the cement floor of the balcony breaking into tiny pieces, just like my heart when I found out that my baby girl was gone. I laughed hysterical as I stared down at the wasted drink and broken glass. I laughed until I was crying. I felt arms wrap around me but they brought me no comfort.

If anything they made me feel colder. I felt so empty inside. These were not the arms that my body and heart craved to hold us. 'Why did she leave? Where did you go, baby girl? Doesn't she know that I am a mess without her by now?', I thought as I cried myself to sleep in my cousin's arms. When I woke up I was in my bed. "Good. You are finally awake", a cold voice said from beside me.

I groaned rolling onto my side facing them only to be face-to-thigh with LaLa who was sitting Indian style with her back up against my headboard. She was staring down at me disapprovingly making me feel like when we were kids and I would do something stupid. I groaned burying my face into her thigh. "What are you doing, niño de la cogida?", she asked blandly. "Stop talkin' shit, LaLa. I already have a headache", I grumbled resting my chin on her thigh, looking up at her. She tsked, "Talkin' shit? I have yet to begin talking shit, JaJa (Jah-Jah). However, I can if you want me to. As for your headache, find someone that gives a shit because I do not. Now get your drunk ass up and go shower. You stink and your smell is giving me a headache", she said snidely.

"Are you pregnant or something?", I mumbled before the sound of skin hitting skin was heard and there was an intense throbbing coming from the back of my head where she had just slapped me. "I am here to talk about you, not me. I have never been so disappointed in you since high school, Zayn", she seethed. I closed my eyes turning my head to the side away from her to face the window so I did not have to see that look on her face anymore. It was the same look that she gave me in high school that day. That look is engraved in my mind and I hate it. I hate seeing the look of disappointment on the faces of people I care about being directed at me.