Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Lionblaze

I couldn't help but feel intrigued about these two loners, they seemed to know about our clan something that most outsiders wouldn't know. Inside I hoped silently that Bramblestar would allow them to join... something about the ginger and white she-cat, Cherry, made me think she would make a brave, fighting warrior. 

We padded through the camp entrance, obviously we got stares from some of the warriors and amongst the crowd I could see Foxleap's reddish brown pelt raising in defence, some of the senior warriors like Cloudtail and Sandstorm eyed the two she-cats suspiciously. I held my chin and lead the two she-cats towards Bramblestar's den. 

"After you" I meowed looking at the bewildered Tilly and her slightly hesitant and fearful sister as they stared up at the High Ledge. 

"Up there?" Cherry asked doubtfully "Why?" 

"My leaders den" I informed "Come on" 

"Don't worry" Tilly purred and jumped up to begin her walk toward Bramblestar's den with the hesitant Cherry following behind her. 

"Don't be scared" I joked, she hissed. 

"Be quiet" 

I stopped them at the entrance and by the sounds of the soft breathing inside Bramblestar was sleeping probably unaware of what I was about to bring him, yet knowing Bramblestar for most of my life he has always been the most understanding to these types of situations just like Firestar before he was killed for the final time. 

"Bramblestar" I called from outside of the den.

I heard something stir from inside the den then after a moment, a large, muscular brown tabby tom appeared. His amber gaze fixed on me then quickly to Cherry and Tilly who stared at him with awestruck and nervous expressions. 

"Lionblaze?" he meowed "Who are they?" 

"It would be better to maybe speak inside of your den" I meowed, pointing with my tail to the crowd of cats gathered below, trying to catch the gossip. 

"Of course, come on" Bramblestar meowed, swooping his long tail in a signal for us to enter. 

I waited until both Tilly and Cherry were inside and Bramblestar was seated before I began. 

"Let's start with your names" Bramblestar meowed somewhat kindly. 

"Cherry and Tilly" Cherry meowed confidently this time.

"And why are you on our territory?" he asked. 

"We were escaping the ally" Tilly meowed. 

"You were rogues?" Bramblestar meowed. 

"No, we hated those fleabugs" Cherry growled.

"Many cats do..." Bramblestar laughed lightly "And I suppose you aren't kittypets" 

"No, loners" Cherry meowed. 

"And how did you find us?" he inquired. 

"Well we needed somewhere safe other then the allies to live, you see our mother died in the harsh cold season and after that the abandon place we lived in set on fire" Cherry shivered probably remembering the brutal memory. 

"Our mother use to tell us stories about the clan cats, about your ways and I thought it would be a good idea to find you" Tilly meowed proudly. 

"Hmm I see" Bramblestar meowed, eyeing the she-cats.

"But we can move on if we aren't welcome" Cherry pointed out defiantly "this scrap of fur only told us that we needed to see you before we left" 

"He did, did he?" Bramblestar purred, I ducked my head ashamed, now she going to know that I brought her back here for no real reason "This tom could have sent you off of our border with a few claw marks..." 

"What?" Cherry asked turning to look at me. 

"Well you see Bramblestar, their thin and unhealthy looking" I meowed, only making Cherry's eyes blaze more. 

"Yes your right! Visit my medicine cat and grab some fresh kill, I will speak with you both in the morning" Bramblestar meowed dismissing the two she-cats, I turned to back out with them but I felt Bramblestar's tail land on my shoulder "You stay Lionblaze please, I will send for Squirrelflight to attend to this two" 

"Ok" I meowed and sat back, I wonder why I was being left behind, was I getting in trouble but I guess it's better then going out into the crowd and pretending to be normal around Cinderheart and my friends...

Bramblestar padded out of the den to get Squirrelflight, Tilly and Cherry trailing after him leaving me to sit in his den alone and wondering about Cinderheart and my future... Would I be forever alone? Mate-less and forgotten? Unwanted and unloved?