24 - Masquerade Ball

Hey guys! 10th october was...MY BIRTHDAAAAY XD. Guys, I love the way you supported my book from the start. You're all amazing, but I am sosososososososo sorry to say that this is the last chapter. An Epilogue will be coming on about the 26th October....long wait but it will be worth it(:

--

Valentina POV

     He stood there with a bruised eye, scratches on his cheek and a swollen red lip. "So we meet again," Trey's mysterious voice spoke. He was still in the shirt that we knocked him out in and the jeans were covered in mud and debris. I tried to stand up but he punched me so hard in the face that I fell back down.

     I clasped the book harder and lookes at Trey Peters. "What do you want?" I asked through gritted teeth, hatred spitting out with every word. I held the book with both my arms and both my arms around it. Panting heavily, I gazed into Trey's eyes, awaiting an answer. He didn't reply, he just put on a smug face and smiled. "Trey. What. Do. You. Want?"

    "I just want that, The Presidents' Book. Give it to me," Trey commanded/ I looked at him with a blank face, no intention on him him the book. "Now."

     Trey launched himself at me, arms outstretched attempting to grab the book, but I budged out of the way, onto the gagged Sophia. Trey fell face forwards onto the floor. I grabbed my foot and yanked my heels off. His face would have been hurting even more, hence the colision with the alimunium wall.

     My blade wouldn't come out of my right heel because the heat motion sensor was broken. I yanked off the left foot heel and  glared at the heat sensor. Trey tried to sit up but I elbowed his neck, knocking him out temporarily. The blade pierced through the heel and I stood up. I looked at my team mates. They were all staring back at me blankly. 

       No regrets.

      Without a second thought, I stabbed Trey in the back with the heel and pulled it down, twisting it at every movement. The traitor deserved it. Sophia was making weird noises next to me so I ripped the material off her and unstrapped her. "The driver! Harry's knockd out in the passenger seat but the driver is -" Sophia got cut off by the van swerving violently to the left. "-still at the front. God knows where he's driving us to!"

      I had to get the the front of the car without hurting myself. I opened the van door, the rest of the cars behind us witnessing the scene about to happen. I clung onto the door and climbed up to the top of it. I pulled myself across the top and onto the top of the actual van. 

      Quickly, I took my pistol, the Desert Eagle to be precise, out of my knee pocket and aimed at the right rear window of the van. I held the gun firmly in my hand and shot at the window. The van swerved again to the right, knocking me off balance. My body was sprawled sideways and the black railings on the top of the van were there, luckily.

     I held onto the railing and shot at  the head of the van. Bullet holes began appearing. Suddenly, a camera flashed on the van. Damn it! Speed cameras! My face would appear on them and I would probably be locked up. "Sophia!" I screamed. Sophia appeared the door of the van.

     "What?" she shouted back.

      "Hack into the transport files and then delete the picture of this van speeding. I'm on it and I do not want anything happening to me because of it!" 

     Sophia disappeared and the van suddenly turned into a corner. All the cars behind us had stopped. I could see the towering grey buildings of Washington D.C. The kids crossing the road were all looking at the van as if it was a movie scene. Suddenly, the van stopped in a desserted, damp and dark alleyway.