14 - New Trainer

OMGOMG, I'm so happy about this chapter, romance detected[;  And I entered my book in the best cast for the special awards(: so nominate it by going onto www.wattpad.com/feedback

Valentina POV

Call me heartless all you like but I don't regret killing Tyrone Kaine in anyway. He deserved getting every part of his body burnt to a crisp. I honestly really didn't care. I'm an assassin. I'm meant to be heartless, fast and unregretful. Life is unfair. Get over it.

*

"Okay. We'll arrive back at HQ in around three hours, the jet won't stop at anytime so you might as well get some rest," announced Mr Whitehead, half way through the journey back to America. We were going back to base and start hardcore training the next morning.

The journey was long and exhausting. Outside, the weather was calm. Blue skies with white fluffy clouds. I started to have memories of my young life.

"Mom, can I jump out of the plane? I wanna jump on the clouds," I asked my mom, pulling her at the trouser leg. 

"Valentina, you are eight years old and you are asking me that question? Oh, grow up!" my mom, Esme replied. "And don't call me mom!"

-

"Mom, can I go to school by myself with Olivier please?" I asked. The cat, Olivier, was at my feet nesting. Esme, was furious. She picked up the cat and took the cutting knife. Then she murdered my cat, my Olivier, right in front of my own two eyes.

"Now, go to school." Esme snapped.

*

We'd finally landed in Miami. The moon was out and surrounded by twinkling stars. Mr Whitehead and the other crew members put us into cars with tinted windows. A man came over to me slowly and I started screaming. Loud. He grabbed my arm and injected something into me. Firstly, my vision began to blur, then my sense of direction and identification and sight of colour vanished. I fainted.

I woke up in my room. My actual dorm room in the C.I.A HQ. It was plain grey with a single bed in the corner, a dressing table, a small desk with a lamp and a closet. The floor was cold marble with nothing on it, making my feet tingle and shake. I sat up in bed and saw a note stuck on my room door with my name on it.

 I walked up to the door and picked off the note. Training at 0700. Be there. My time screamed 0630 and I quickly changed out of my grey overalls into my white tank top, my combat trousers and my thick and heavy combat boots. I tied my blonde hair, which was now turning brown because of the autumn weather, back in a ponytail and sat on my bed. Reminiscing. 

I started to think about Esme and Leo and how I should really see them again. Also, the fact that I needed to catch up with Lucas and Aqua. I didn't want to be in this place any longer, I wanted to find an escape route. And my name is Valentina Summers, I am the girl who's gotten away with murder, therefore I can get away with anything.

Esme was always on my mind, it was like she controlled the darkness in me, the thing in me that always wanted to murder people, in a way, she's made me stronger. Leo however, it's like he's harbouring a terrible secret. The way he's always lost in thought. The way he never makes eye contact when talking to someone.

My alarm suddenly goes off and it's time to go down for training. In HQ, the doors open three minutes before it's time to leave your room (for stupid security reasons) but you can only access and leave a dorm if you have a registered fingertip with someone in the board.