2 - Ciao, amigo!

Rat-a-tat!

Rat-a-tat!

Smmaaashh!

All I could hear was the deafening sound of machine guns in the back garden and the spine-tingling sound of glass shattering. The machine gun was being shot four times every minute or so and I was becoming restless. Lucas had the two kids next to him and I had no time to tell him the dreadful news. Thank heavens! Lucas locked the kids in Aqua's room, under her huge bed. There were already bars on the windows and he instructed Aqua to build a booby trap, too, for extra safety.

“I'm sure you're the type of girl that knows how to set booby traps,” he began, looking the 10-year-old Aqua in the eyes and holding her shoulders. She nodded. “Okay... get a long thread, and attach it to a iron. You can do the rest yourself. I've gotta deal with the guys downstairs. Look after your brother. Val and I will be back in 10.”

With that, Lucas and I went down the stairs. I stood still on the last two steps, analysing the setting. Outside the translucent white front door, I saw the silhouette of a man with a gun by his shoulder. Then I looked to my right and saw through the kitchen and caught the glimpse of the garden door. Behind it would be the machine gunner.

“Lucas. You come with me and we slowly open the door and take out the guy outside, shooting down the windows upstairs,” I whispered quietly to Lucas. He nodded in agreement.

I went towards the right of the door and Lucas the left. I clicked the door lock open and quickly flung it... nearly hitting Lucas in the face. I looked in front of me and saw a man with a Silenced pistol in his hand. Earlier, I couldn't hear any bullets because this guy was using the Silencer –silent bullets. Speedily, I shot at his arm, causing blood to flood out of his short sleeved top. He held up his gun in his unharmed left hand and aimed it at me.

“Why, you little m-” Before he could finish of his sentence, I did a fly kick in his mouth, causing his silenced pistol to somersault in the air, and making sure the rubber sole with sting his dirty-talking mouth. Suddenly, he flew to the floor with drips of blood flying in the air. I stepped on his belly and stared in his eye.

“There are little children in this house and I don't want them to see people like you because you're a bad role model. Ciao, amigo,” I winked and looked at Lucas. This time, Lucas didn't resist shooting the guy because he was a baddy we'd seen with our own eyes... who had tried to kill us. Lucas shot him in the head with his Pistol and blood oozed out of his temple.

1 down... God knows how many left to go.

Lucas dragged the red-stained body to the patio and put some soil on his face (for an awkward reason). I then went back into the house and side stepped down the corridor, leading into the kitchen which would the lead me to the back garden door. When I got to the door, I waited for Lucas.

Rat-a-tat!

Rat-a-tat!

The deafening sound of machine gun bullets firing were attacking my poor eardrums. I covered my ears and ducked. Lucas arrived. Unhesitatingly, he kicked down the garden door and fired countless bullets at the gunner.

Toosh!

Lucas was down, wailing because of his shot leg. I peeked through the door and was now standing 3 metres from the shooter.

“Shoot me now, sucker!” I spat, tilting my head.

“What? Now they got little ones doing the dirty work for them? I expected more of Leo and Esme. But now that I'll kill you... I'm sure they won't make the same mistake twice,” he laughed.