Chapter 24 "It's a ......

“Harry, Harry. Over here.” Paparazzi were yelling at him as he and Mari tried leaving the breakfast diner that was now absolutely full of paparazzi. They were piling together all with the same purpose of catching a glimpse of Harry. 

Right before they reach the car it turns into a kind of mob and next thing they know Mari Is being pushed into Harry.

“Ouch dude.” Mari says as Harry holds her steady. They don’t move away until Harry has enough and yells back “She’s pregnant move back.” It goes quiet and everyone steps a couple paces back. “I’m sorry.” Says the guy who had accidently pushed her, Mari shrugs and smiles at him. Harry helps Mari through the crowd and into the passenger seat without speaking.

‘She’s putting her seat belt on when he gets inside still not saying a thing, so Mari breaks the silence, “So that wasn’t fun.” he gives her a side smile. “I’m sorry babe.” Mari cringes at his last word.

“I at least got to eat first.” Mari says trying to not sound awkward. “But you’re okay right? They didn’t hurt you?”

“I’m fine Harry, don’t worry.” She says and reaches out for his hand but stops right before their skin touches and pulls it back and puts it over her belly. Harry notices and looks down before starting the car and driving towards her doctor’s appointment.

>>>> 

>>>>>>>> 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

“My mom has a baby in her belly.” A little girl sitting in front of where Mari and Harry were sitting in the waiting room was telling Harry.

“Do you have one too?” She says looking at Mari.

“I do.” Mari says smiling.

“I’m having a baby brother is your baby a boy too?”

“I’m actually not sure darling.” Mari said

“Oh?” the little girl says.

“We get to find out today.” Harry tells her.

“Oh, Okay. I hope you get a girl. I wanted a girl so we could play dolls but now my dad says he’s going to teach him football, yuck.”

Mari and Harry laugh.

“Kacie are you being nosy again?”

“No mom, I’m just talking to Harry Styles and his wife.”

Mari and Harry look at one another.

“You are Harry Styles right? I saw you in a magazine my mommy had. I like your song makes you beautiful. We hear it in the car a lot. My mom sings it really loud with me.”

Mari laughs.

“Yeah, I am that Harry let’s just not tell anyone.”

“Ok, I bet no one will ever believe that I met you anyways.”

“How about a picture, I can take it. That way when they don’t believe you, you can show them.” Mari says sanding up.

“Yes! Hold on let me get my mom.”

“She’s cute, has to be at least 8.” Mari tells Harry.

“Hi, I’m Carla. I’m sorry she’s telling me she needs my phone to take a picture with Harry styles from One Direction, but I just think she’s mistaken.”

“Oh no, Hi Mam. I am..”

“Oh wow. It really is you, isn’t it?” She says looking at a magazine picture of him and back up at them.

“I told you mom.” Kacie says putting her hand on her hip making Mari giggle.

She looks from Harry to Mari to her belly then says "Congratulations by the way"  gesturing at her belly.

“You too.” Both Harry and Mari say at the same time.

They take a picture with Kacie and keep talking with her mom until they call them in.

“Bye Harry, Bye Mari.” Kacie waves before following her mom to the back.

“She was only 7 and she already knew about you guys. Crazy how big you guys have gotten.” Mari says smiling at Harry.

“I know.” Harry says smiling at her.

A few minutes later a nurse opens the door and calls out her name. Harry and Mari look at each other before getting up to follow the nurse to the back.

>> 

>>>>> 

>>>>>>>> 

“Okay everything seems good. The doctor will be in soon so you can finally figure out that sex.” The nurse says putting the blood pressure cuff away and writing into her note pad.

“Okay thanks.” Mari says and a few minutes later just like she said in came Doctor Thorpe.

“Hey sweetie, finally decided to find out what you’re having? Oh new face Hi, I’m Dr. Mayra Thorpe Nice to meet you, and who might you be?”

“Nice to meet you.” Harry says standing and shaking her hand. “I’m Harry and I’m the father.”

“Oh goodie.” Thorpe says winking at Mari.

“Okay let’s get this thing going. You know the drill honey.” Dr. Thorpe says turning the machines on by the examining bed.

Mari smiles and unbuttons her pants and she pulls her shirt up under her chest and folds her pants down a little. Harry smiles at Mari’s perfectly round shaped belly.

Dr. Thorpe squirts the cold gel on Mari’s belly before sliding the ultrasound wand over it,a few secs later the small patient room filled with the sound of the babies heart beat.

“Is that?” Harry says looking at Mari who smiles at him and shakes her head.

Harry eyes glisten as they fill with moisture.

“OK, let’s see here” Dr. Thorpe says turning the screen towards them. “Yeup just as I had been suspecting. Are you guys ready to find out?”

Both Mari and Harry shake their head.

“See here?” the Dr. says pointing at the screen. “That means you’re having a girl.”

Mari gasps and Harry reaches for her hand. She lets him take it.

“We are having a girl.” Harry says kissing Mari on the forehead.

"Yea, It's a girl." Mari says smiling up at him.