Chapter 9 (French Toast & Bare Skin)

Yawning Mari stretched out on the bed and started feeling towards Harry, but that side of the bed was cold and empty. She rubbed her eyes and looked at her phone it was 8:02am.

Then she heard the water running in the bathroom.

“Harry?” Mari whispered and moved her legs over to the floor. Where Harry’s running shoes lay next to her slippers. Mari smiled as she put on her slippers and picked up the running shoes to put them away in her closet. Walking towards her door she herd Harry singing in the shower and she smiled remember just exactly who her boyfriend was.

>>> 

>>>>>> 

>>>>>>>>>>> 

“Something smells good.” Mari heard a voice behind her as she flipped a french toast bread over, on the skillet.

“You made me breakfast the other day, so I’m making you some today.” Mari said turning around to face Him. When she did she dropped the spatula.

Water from his wet hair was dripping down his bare chest as the only thing covering him was a wrapped towel around his waist. Harry smiled at her as he walked closer. She moved back and bumped against the counter.

“Ouch” She said.

Harry laughed. “Am I making you nervous?” He said bending down to pick up the spatula and rinsed it in the sink.

“No.” Mari said gulping and taking the spatula when Harry handed it to her.

She quickly turned around to flip the toast over again. But just as quickly felt his hands slide on to her waist making her shiver.

Staying in that position for a while longer Mari finally spoke up.

“So you went for a run?”

Kissing her cheek before letting her waist go to sit at the table he answered.

“Yeah. It was a lovely day out and not many people are up and about at that time.” He said

“Sorry, I fell back asleep.” Mari said turning off the stove as she moved the toast onto a plate and starting setting up the table.

“It’s ok. I didn’t go for a run till later, I was uhh.. watching you sleep for some time.” Harry said shyly looking down.

Mari giggled.

“That sounds boring.” Mari said

“I like watching you sleep. You look so peaceful.” Harry said pouring syrup on his French toast.

“Creeper status.” Mari said jokingly as she took the seat in front of Harry.

“Mmm this is good.” Harry said chewing on some French toast.

“Yeah?” Mari said taking a bite herself.

After a couple minutes Mari exclaimed

“Oh I forgot to make us milkshakes!” getting up rapidly but Harry caught her and turned her around.

She froze in his arms, as her heart started to accelerate.

“I love you” Harry said before he started kissing her. He picked her up and put her down on the island in the middle of the kitchen. Kissing her while he stood in between her legs. He started tugging on her shirt and then finally got it over her head. He threw it to the floor then turned to look at Mari who smiled playfully. She hopped off the island and grabbed Harry’s hand as she led the way back to her room. Harry only in the wrapped towel and her just a bra and Pj shorts.

>>> 

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>

“Are you sure?” Harry asked looking up at Mari.

They were both now on the bed with nothing between them but their bare skin.

Giving Harry her answer Mari nodded.