Chapter 25 (The best present.)

"Hello? Anybody home?" Jade said open the apartment door.

"In here." Harry's voice said from the Kitchen.

"Soo??!!" Lou said walking past Jade with Lux bouncing on her hip.

"So....what?" Harry says smiling.

"Don't you play with me Mr. Styles." Lou said. "Now tell me what you are having? What did the doctor say?"

Harry smiles then says "Well I guess I'm going to have to sharpen up my tea party skills."

*Screams of excitement engulf the room.*

Both Jade and Lou were jumping up and down, it was Niall who went in for a Hug.

"Congratulations lad, but where's Mari?"

The girls stopped screaming.

"She's out in the balcony, she told me she was going out to watch the sunset she'd be back in a while."

"And you're sitting out here you big dumb nut." Niall said dipping his finger into the sauce Harry had cooking on the stove.

"I thought she wanted to be alone."

"Niall get your hand out of there! Just go Harry we'll finish what you started here, wait did you start?" Mari said.

"Yeah. Ok. Thank you. Um yeah it's just spaghetti." Harry said handing the spoon to Lou and pinching Lux's cheek as he walked to the balcony door pausing to take a deep breath.

..........

.....................

Mari heard the door slide open, but didn't bother to turn around she knew who it was. It had taken him long enough she thought. For some reason she felt like she needed to be alone ever since the doctor appointment, she wanted to be alone with her baby girl but she also wanted Harry to be with her. No matter how hard she tried to separate herself from the feelings she had for this man she couldn't.

"If you want me to leave I will." His voice came from behind her.

"No, stay." Mari said as Harry closed the door behind him.

The sun was getting closer to the horizon and the sky was starting to turn different colors.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Mari said starring out into the sky.

"Yes." Harry said not looking at the sky but at Mari.

"The sky Harry, you aren't looking at the Sky." Mari says giving him a side smile.

"Oh yeah. Sorry." He says smiling and standing behind her chair.

"Harry? I'm sorry for not telling you sooner."

"No. I'm sorry for putting you in such a condition. I'm truthfully sorry you have been going through this alone. You shouldn't have to, but I know why you have."

"Apology accepted." Mari says.

Harry smiles.

"So have you gotten over the fact that you're going to be a father yet?"

"Have you?" Harry smiles.

"And this whole time I was thinking I was going to be a mother." She answered joking then added "I know what you mean and it's still crazy to think this (she rubs her belly) is my creation, our creation. She's mine. It's crazy to think of the baby as a girl now."

"We're going to be parents to a little girl Mari."

"I know." She answers smiling.

"and I know we aren't in the best of terms right now, or we haven't figured things out quite yet but I want you to know I will always be here. Neither this baby or you will ever need anything, no matter what happens between us." Harry says.

Harry was about to continue when Mari grabbed his hand and pulled him to the front of her chair.

She put her finger up to her lips "shh" she said as she gestured him to sit as she stood. For a slight second he thought she had gotten upset and was leaving until she sat back down on his lap just like they had done many months ago and said "I'm a tad bit heavier this time." He smiled knowing she was thinking of that day as well.

She leaned her laid her head to his chest as she positioned herself to be able to see the sunset; she intertwined Harry's hands with hers and put them on top of her belly getting an immediate kick from their baby girl.

"She's Happy." Mari said to Harry and he whispered back "Me too."

They sat there till the sun went down and the moon started to rise, after a while Mari was asleep and Harry decided he should put her inside before she got a cold.

..............

.........................

"That spaghetti was delicious lad." Niall said as Harry walked to Mari's room.

"Will you be staying in this room now?" Lou said

Harry giggled before saying "I shouldn't pass the line."

"Well since she's already asleep I guess I should tell you, now that we know the gender we have officially set the date for a surprise baby shower three days from now. Give everyone enough time to get here and to buy a present. I suggest you do the same."

"But what could I give her that fast? I guess I should call my mom and Gemma."

"Already taken care of they arrive in two days."

"You girls work fast don't you?"

"But of course. Also please don't tell her anything, this is going to be a big deal and you know how she hates parties."

"She also hates surprises."

"Yes, she does. But she'll forgive us with time."

"Do you know what you guys will be calling the baby?"

"Calling the baby?"

"A name Harry."

"I.. I don't know. I haven't, we haven't thought about it."

"It's okay, just wondering."

"Wow this is, wow." He said running his hand through his hair as he passed the room.

"Tell me about it" Niall said stuffing some more spaghetti into his mouth.

"I'm going to be a father to a little girl."

"Yeah lad you are." Niall said coming closer to pat his shoulder.

"What should I get her, them."

"I'm not really following anymore Harry."

"I mean as a Baby shower present?"

"Oh, Uh. Maybe start by thinking what does a father give a daughter."

"What a father gives a daughter?"

"Yeah."

Harry stairs at Niall blanking until a smile spreads across his face.

"I..I have to go."

"Now?" Niall says.

"I need to make some calls and well go find my baby girl (smiles) the best present a day can give her."

"and that would be?" Niall says.

"You're just going to have to wait till the baby shower to find out." Harry said grabbing his coat from the arm chair.

"Gotta go, See you guys later." Harry said walking out the door.

"Was that Harry saying bye?" Jade said peeking out of her room.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Where was he headed to?"

"All I know is we won't know till the baby shower."

"Hmmmm."

"Something about 'the best present for a daughter'." Niall said before turning his attention back to his spaghetti.