Chapter 3

The bell rung indicating the end of the school day so i quickly walked out of the classroom after a quick goodbye to my new friends and headed to my locker. I put in the combination and opened it, shoving the books i didn't need in and the books that i did need i took out.

"Boom boom its getting hot in here" My phone started to ring after i turned it off silent. I shifted the books to my other hand and got my phone out of my pocket.

"Hey Jake" I spoke into the phone. I put the phone between my head and shoulder and shut my locker. "Argh!" I yelped when i saw Austin was standing behind the locker door the whole time, but i hadn't noticed.

I picked up my phone from where i dropped it and brought it back to my ear. "Avery?" Jake said into the phone with a worried tone.

"Yeah? Sorry" I apologised.

"What was that?" He asked with a sigh.

"Austin, he gave me a fright" I ended with a nervous laugh.

"Why is here there?" He replied suddenly angry. Jeez this guy obviously had some fight with Austin. Which reminds me of the fact that i have to ask.

"I don't know, Anyway why did you call?" I asked changing the topic.

"i called to say that i can't pick you up, because i'm at the police station again" Jake said sheepishly.

I rolled my eyes. "Again! and i don't want to walk home" I huffed out. It was at least a 20 minute walk home and it was good exercise but i really just wanted to be home.

"It was for speeding this time so it's okay and take the bus home" 

"Fine" I sighed. I had money to take the bus home which was good. "How are you getting home?" 

"John's going to give me a ride home" He replied. I'm guessing that was a friend he's been able to make at the police station already, since Jake's going to be there a lot of the time it was good for him. In every town or country Jake's managed to make friends with the guys at the police station therefore i've made friends too.

"Okay. Bye" I laughed.

"See ya" The line went dead.

"Austin" I nodded in acknowlegment as i put my phone into my pocket and books into my bag.

"I can give you a ride home" He said without a 'Hi' 'Hello' or 'Hey.

I looked up into his gorgeous green eyes and felt as once again they sucked me in. "O-oh no it's fine, i can take the bus"

"I wouldn't want a beautiful girl like you to catch the bus home by herself" He smirked when i blushed.

"Seriously it's okay" I attempted a smile which failed me and turned weak under his stare.

"It's the least i could do for the new girl" He winked and grabbed my hand which immediately sent sparks up my arm but i dismissed it almost as fast as they came.

He walked out the door and into the carpark. I looked around and saw Scarlett with Zach, Riley and Zara. Scarlett noticed me and smiled and did a sneaky thumbs up. I smiled and rolled my eyes before shaking my head. Riley looked at me and raised an eyebrow to which i shrugged to.

Once we reached his car which by the way was a Nissan Skyline that i fell in love with he opened the door and let go of my hand waiting for me to get in. What a gentlemen? I got in the car and looked around, it was pretty clean but i guess if you've got a car like this you wouldn't want to dirty it. It smelt of his cologne and was comfortable. 

The drivers door opened and he got in, turning the car on but before he drove, he wound the window and yelled out. "Aye guys!" he stuck is head out and turned towards the group of guys that hung around.

They jogged over and alas of course it was his gang. "Yeah?" One of the guys asked. There were 5 of them. The one who spoke had blonde hair, tan skin and brown eyes. 

"Meet at my house at 7 tonight, we have some business" He said but the 'business' part stuck out to me like a blazing fire and made me wonder.

"Got it. Whos that?" The same guy asked jerking his chin to me. I did a small smile and he just looked at me. Well then.

"Avery, she's the new girl in town" The way Austin said my name sent butterflies in my stomach.

I looked at the guys as they nodded there head in response and walked away. Austin put the car in drive as i buckled up. He reversed and drove out the school gates.

"I live-" 

"I know where you live" Austin said cutting me off.

"Oh?" How did he know? I just got here yesterday.

"You live next door to me"

My heart stopped. Mr Popular, leader of the gang , World's most attractive person but also Mr Player with no heart according to Jake lives next door to me? Oh joy.

"Excuse me?" He snapped. What? Oh i guess i didn't just think it 'Oh Joy' but i said it.

"Nothing" I said quickly looking out the window.

"How's Jake?" Austin asked after a minutes silence. "Still up to trouble?"

"Yes. Not as much as you though" I retorted.

He chuckled, then fell silent again. "Thats very true"

I opened my mouth about to say something but i was cut off yet again when his phone started to ring. He quickly took it out of his pocket and checked the caller id.

"What?" He said rudely and looked at the road. I heard talking on the other side of the line but couldn't figure out what they were saying.

"Why did Cronan bail?" He paused. "You know what don't worry Griffin will do" He said clenching the wheel tighter.

"Yes i'm ready, It's MMA my dad brought me up around it" He smirked. MMA? Mixed Martial Arts? I've seen movies and it's pretty dangerous but of course his middle name is dangerous. I rolled my eyes and continued looking out the window.

"Alright bye" He hung up the call and put his phone back in his pocket. I wondered what were the things Austin and his 'gang' did? the thought of dangerous seemed bad enough but actually knowing or seeing was something i'd have to be prepared for.

He turned the corner onto my well our street and continued driving till he reached his house. He drove up the driveway then stopped just outside the garage. Austin's house was neat, it was like mine but a creamy colour. 

"Thanks" I smiled at him before quickly opening the door and jumping out and don't worry i was polite enough to shut the door. I heard a laugh behind me.

"No worries" His voice made me shiver as i walked to my door. Maybe he wasn't as bad as my brother made him out to be, i mean like he drove me home and was polite right? His touch, his hand on my hand felt right like in belonged in over mine. His voice sent shivers down my spine and put butterflies in my stomach. His eyes stopped my heart then made it beat faster. 

No i will not fall in love with Austin Gray, i promise.

Thanks for reading!

Vote?

Comment?

Fan?

Feedback appreciated :)

Thank you

-Tabby