Chapter 14

Don't forget any feedback is appreciated x

Dedicated to Kameela because of the awesome comment, thank you x

I still woke up tired in the mornings, i still didn't have a car, Jake still slept in and then went to work, i still had to make dinner and Adam still drove me to school, but the only thing that is odd to me and very different is me talking to Austin. Yes, i said talking, not making out, kissing, or arguing. 

I was at school when Austin came up to talk to me, it was the first time, any of my friends saw us talk like normal people and not start a fight. He was still cocky as hell but, i could tell he was making an effort to talk to me, nicely. I felt sorry for James, because he was more of a third wheeler in class than my actual best friend. We didn't sit next to each other at lunch but before we walked into the cafeteria i agreed to going with him to dance practice tonight.

"Earth to Avery" James clicked his fingers in front of my face. I snapped back into reality and gave an apologetic smile.

"Yeah?" I asked, eating my ceaser salad.

"Kyle want's to talk to you i think" He said, nodding his head towards the back.

"Of course" I rolled my eyes and turned around. Kyle indicated with his hands to go over to him. 

I began to stand up when i heard my name over the loud speakers. "Avery Collins please report to the office" I bit my lip, wondering what i did wrong. Everyone turned their heads to me, the popular girls a.k.a the bitches smirked, the nerds widened their eyes and the rest just looked at me then continued talking to their friends.

I said bye to my friends, dumped my salad in the bin and walked over to where Kyle and Liam were standing. "Yeah uh i was going to tell you but, i guess they can now" Kyle looked at me with his head down. 

"What?" I asked when we started walking to the office.

Liam held my hand and squeezed it tightly before letting it go, and shoving his in his pockets. On the way to the office, we passed the front doors and parked at the front was a police car. I looked at it confused. Kyle opened the door to the office for me and we walked through. Standing in front of their desks stood Sam who i remembered from my first day here and Mrs Murphy the old woman who had a kind heart. Beside Mrs Murphy stood two police officers, looking at me.

"I was called to the office?" I looked at the police officers then looked to Sam. 

"Yes" One of the police officers responded. "We are here to tell you some news"

"I think it would be best if you take a seatt Miss Collins" The other police officer said, he looked to be in his mid 40's. 

I cautiously sat down on the long lounge and Kyle and Liam sat beside me. "What happened? Did i do something?" I asked.

"No you didn't" The police officer shook his head. "My name is Sergeant Parratt" He paused and shook my hand. "And this is Senior Constable Stone" He too shook my hand.

Since they already knew my name i cut straight to the point. "I don't mean to sound rude Sergeant but why am i here? and why do i have to sit down?" I asked.

"This is the sad part. Avery you're cousin Elizabeth" He paused and took a breath. What about her? she was the closest person to me and even though she moved to London, we always talked, i looked up to her. "She passed away this morning, and it took a while to tell you this because she lived in the UK" 

I froze, everything seemed distant, the world began to spin and my hands shook as i started to cry, tears fell from my eyes and landed on my legs. I shook my head. "No, no this is a mistake" Kyle pulled me close and i sobbed into his chest.