Goodbye Paris

"M'lady... I need to tell you something."

He watched as her smile fell, " Yes, Chat- what is it?"

" I'm...  I'm not going to be living in Paris anymore... Social Services are taking me away tomorrow... I haven't even told any of my friends as a civilian... I, I am so sorry."

He could feel his eyes brimming with tears, as he felt his partner wrap her arms around him in a hug. 

" Oh, kitty... What happened?"

" My father has always been distant, but... I didn't think... The government found out something about him... They believe he isn't fit to raise a child. If I had listened... or paid more attention maybe... maybe he wouldn't have-"

He couldn't finish his sentence, as a sob escaped his throat. Ladybug didn't have to say a thing, just her being there was enough to make him feel better, even if it was just a little.

Ladybug sat with him until he calmed down.

" Do you know where you're going?"

He shook his head, " They said I was going to live with a cousin... on my mother's side, but... I don't know where that is going to be."

He took a shaky breath before continuing, " You're gonna have to hold onto this, I can't keep it..."

He started to pull off his miraculous.

"CHAT! What are you DOING!" He watches as LB's eyes widened.

" I can't keep it, M'lady... I wouldn't be of any use to you anymore. Even with Hawkmoth being gone, I... I can't leave you by yourself. You need a Chat Noir here, even if it can't be me."

The ring left his finger, and a flash of electricity cocooned his body. When his vision cleared, he saw Ladybug with her eyes firmly shut.

"Heh, even at the last moment you still insist on a secret identity, huh Bugaboo."

He placed the ring in her hand, and closed her fingers around it.

" May we meet again, M'lady... Someday..."

He turned, and slid down the roof, to the ladder reaching the ground. As he climbed down, he heard his lady's sobs, and he hesitated- only for a moment, before reaching the ground and walking away.

 It seemed, to him that a chapter of his life was closing...  his heart couldn't take it, and it left him feeling empty inside. Even though he desperately wanted to, he didn't look back...