Darkness

For days, Adrien rarely talked. Only asking for minor things- and only when spoken to. Tim tried everything he could to try to get his cousin out of his shell. Some things worked momentarily, but even the stupid puns only chased the darkness away from his cousin's face for a short time.

Tim remembered how much Adrien loved animal puns, so he tried every one he could remember- trying desperately to get him to smile, just a little bit. They all got different reactions, some positive- his turtle pun got a small chuckle; others negative- after seeing Adrien's horrified reaction to his cat pun, he vowed never to use once again. Apparently, it brought back memories Adrien did not want to remember, at least not yet. 

"Hey, Adrien... Is there- Is there something you enjoyed doing, that you don't get to do very much anymore?"

"Fencing... Basketball... Heck, I'd kill for an hour-long photoshoot to be honest."

"Well, I'm not the best... but if you want we could go a couple of rounds downstairs. Bruce has Sabers and Safety suits if you want to?"

A small light flickers back into his eyes, "Really?"

Tim nods, " Do you want to?"

"Heck Yes!"

The boys went downstairs, and Tim handed Adrien a lamé and a Sabor, before turning and grabbing a set for himself. He turned the scoring machine on, and got into position, just as Adrien attacked. Back and forth the two dueled, parry, thrust, parry, slash, Point for Adrien. Parry, thrust, slash, slash, Point for Tim. The two went on until both were completely exhausted.

"You...said.... you... weren't... good!" Adrien wheezed, " I haven't... had... this... much... difficulty... since DarkBlade..."

"What's Darkblade?" Tim asked.

He watched his cousin's eyes widen, as he said, " NOTHING! Don't worry about it, it's not important."

"Alright... if you say so. Another Round, or are you done?"

Adrien shook his head, " I need a break, thanks though."

"No Problem." Tim pulled his lamé over his head and hung it back up.

" When you're done, just hang your stuff back up in locker 18, ok?"

Tim watched as Adrien nodded before he went back upstairs.

*                      *                          *

500 feet beneath their feet, a figure rewinded the video he just watched. Carefully watching the video, he kept rewinding back to the end of the duel.

"I...haven't... had ...this ... much ...difficulty... since Darkblade!"

"Darkblade... where have I heard that name before?"

The figure pulled up a new tab in the criminal database, searching- looking for clues.

There. One match.

Darkblade- Alias: Armand D'argencourt

Last Seen: Paris, France

Charges: Mental Manipulation, Physical Transformation, Full on hierarchy takeover; transformed Paris into a Tyranny- given powers through Akuma (See Akuma) 

Captured by: Ladybug and Chat Noir