Dick Grayson

After being shown the gym in the West Wing, Adrien spent every free moment in the room. He kept challenging Tim in Basketball, Fencing, Rock Climbing. The competition seemed to be the key to keeping Adrien happy, and Tim was happy to oblige.

          The boys were attempting to use the gymnastics bars, without very much success I might add- when someone walked in that Adrien didn't recognize. He quickly jumped down from the bar, with Tim close behind. Black hair, blue eyes- still; Adrien was wary. That is until Tim broke out into a run and tackled the guy in a hug.

"DICK! WHEN DID YOU GET HERE!" Tim shouted, as the figure in question laughed as he got off his butt.

" I got here about an hour ago, Tim Bird. I had to talk to Bruce first, and then he told me you were down...here. Who is that?"

The guy, now dubbed Dick? pointed at Adrien.

" I could ask the same for you, sir," he replied.

Tim fumbled to talk, " Oh yeah, right. Introductions. Um, Dick, this is my cousin- Adrien. Adrien this is Richard or... Dick... Grayson." 

Adrien's eyes widened, " You mean like, Dick Grayson- from The Flying Graysons? I loved watching their acts on T.V. Mom had every routine recorded and we watched them all the time before she... well... It's nice to meet you."

He held out his hand, which Dick shook.

"It's nice to meet you as well, Adrien."

*                 *                    *

"Ok, now the best way to achieve the right height is to create a focal point. I usually look at something about two heads above your target. That way, you'll get the maximum lift and catch the bar."

Dick decided to stay in the gym with the pair of teenagers and teach them how to use the bars they were failing terribly at.

"Bruce got these for me, back when I lived here." Dick explained," It took my mind off of my parents' accident." 

Both boys nodded in understanding, they both had instances where they could relate.

Dick demonstrated, " I keep my eyes on the sword hanging on the wall the entire time. When I let go, I aim for the sword, my weight brings me down to the bar, and I catch it- like this"

He swung to build momentum, and released, catching the lower bar, and swung around it twice before letting go and landing feet first on the mat.

"Simple enough," Adrien stated, as he jumped for the bar.

"That, of course, is the simplified version, and I- ADRIEN WAIT!"

But, the boy was already swinging. He built momentum and released, catching the bar, and spinning over it. Once, twice, three times. He let go and completed a fourth spin before landing perfectly on his feet.

"Ow," he muttered, as rubbed his knees, " Shouldn't have locked up."

He noticed the silence and looked up at the two older boys watching him.

Their jaws had... in a sense- hit the floor.

"How... How did you-" Tim couldn't even finish his sentence.

"That... was the basis for a quadruple flip. How did you DO that?" Dick asked the smaller boy, " I haven't seen anyone other than my own family manage that trick!"

" I... um, have always been a fast learner- but... I don't know actually. I was only trying to get one spin, maybe two. I lost my grip, so I locked up and-" Adrien started to babble, not exactly sure how he was going to explain how he managed a stunt reserved for the ultra-flexible.

Dick turned to Tim, " Is he naturally talented in anything else that I should know about?"

"Well... he's been learning a variety of martial arts, fencing, basketball, he speaks multiple languages, and he's very good at par core- but I don't understand why that's relevant to-"

He seems to understand the question, " Ohhh, yeah no. Bruce already shut down that conversation."

"What are you two talking about?" Adrien asked, suddenly very confused at what was going on.

" Nothing Important," Dick suggested, eyeing the younger boy again. Then, out of nowhere, he swept Adrien's legs out from under him. He landed on his hands and back tucked himself back into a standing position.

"What the HECK man!" he shouted.

Dick didn't even acknowledge him.

"Bruce is stupid then. We need to have a talk."

Dick left the room, leaving Tim and Adrien staring at him in disbelief.

Adrien turned to his cousin, " What the Hell was that!" he demanded.

" I have no clue, but I have a bad feeling about this- a really bad feeling."