Ch.2

I quickly turned on my car and sped out of there. I rolled down my window to catch a scent. I could smell his scent like if he was standing in front of me. I slammed on my gas pedal, going way over the speed limit.

I ended up at the hospital. I pulled my key out of my ignition and sprinted inside the hospital doors.

When I walked in it wasn't that busy. I speed walked to the receptionist. "Can you tell me which room Liam Dunbar is in? I'm his sister" I lied in a hurry. I learned his full name before I left.

"3rd floor, room 316" she answered without looking up. I took the stairs instead of the elevator.

I pushed open the door with a bang not even slightly out of breath. I didn't see anyone at first but that was until I heard a feminine scream. I turned around a corner to see a nurse run out a room followed by a teenage boy with all white eyes, and razor sharp teeth. Not even fangs. A Wendigo.

The nurse tried to run away but the boy grabbed her and starting dragging her back. She was screaming the whole time, leaving a bloody trail. Looking around, I spotted a fire extinguisher. I grabbed it and threw it at the creature.

It banged into his shoulder with enough force to let go of the nurse. She scrambled to get to her feet. She ran towards me, putting herself behind me trying to drag me away with her. I stood in front of her protectively.

The scent that I grew accustomed to hit me like a brick. He came around the corner his phone in his hand. I turned back to the boy to see he had another boy, which I recognized as Liam and ran up the stair well. The boy, who I think I have a crush on, sprinted to catch up to them.

"You stay here, okay?" I told the nurse.

"Where are you going?" She asked back.

"To help them." I said. Before she could reply, I dashed back to the stairs. I ran up the flight of stairs using my werewolf speed. When I got to the roof I seen the tan boy holding the Wendigo and Liam hanging onto the ledge.

I went to go help tan boy, who I really need to learn the name of, with Liam and the wendigo but a guy with no mouth and a axe stepped in my way.

He came at me fast with a looping swing at my head. I ducked easily. Pulling my leg back, I drove my foot into his abdomen. He stumbled back from impact. I went to go for his throat but got distracted by the tan boy roaring. Not noticing the axe man drawing his arm back and bringing his fist into my nose. Head flying back as my eyes locked on the sky, I stumbled. My left foot slid on the concrete and I braced the heel of my sneaker against the rough ground.

Growling ever so lightly, I lifted my head to see the axe guy stab the Wendigo in the back and Scott biting Liam who was hanging over the edge of the hospital roof. His eyes were glowing red. An Alpha red.

****

Scott, which is apparently my new crush and who I learned the name of, took me back to his house to make sure I was okay. I forgot he couldn't smell me as a werewolf. Apparently, I could have a minor concussion. We tied Liam up and put him in the bathtub. Me and Scott were sitting on his bed.

"Sooo...." I dragged out.

"You know about werewolves?" He asked. I nodded.

"How?"

I laughed lightly. "That's a long story for another time" I said. He looked at me with this weird look in his eye. Like he wanted to look away but couldn't. His eyes were even more beautiful looking up close. You could see how his jaw was uneven. His mouth somehow always parted slightly open, never fully closed. I could smell his after shave that somehow smelled heavenly.