Ch. 18

Ariana Hale

I wiped the tears off my face, making sure I looked representable. I smiled in the mirror one more time before I headed out to the hallways.

I turned left finding Liam sitting down on the stairs. He was looking down. I could sense, also smell, the fear and anxiety he had.

"Hey" I said softly walking up from behind him. I put a comforting hand on his shoulder sitting down on a step also. "You okay?" I asked.

It looked like he was about to say something to me but he looked away. "Hey" I called out. He slowly but surely looked back at me. My alpha instincts instantly turned on as I saw the fear etched onto his face.

"Liam, you can talk to me. I'm always here for you" I said softly. I sat my hand on his knee lightly squeezing, assuring him I was here for him.

He gripped his lacrosse stick, "Last night my printer went off by itself. I couldn't turn it off. I hit the cancel button, but it just kept printing" he told me.

"Printing what?" I asked. He took out a folded up paper from his back pocket and handed it to me.

My heart beat sped up as I carefully but quickly unfolded the paper. I remembered when I read the paper that had a different last name for me.

I shook my head getting rid of those thoughts. As I scanned over the names on the deadpool, I couldn't help but panick a little.

"What the hell is this?!" Coach shouted from down the hall probably in his office. Liam looked up at me concerned while I got up to go check what was wrong.

While going to his office I neatly folded the paper and put it in my pocket. As I rounded the corner to Coach's office, Scott came up running beside me.

Shooting out of Coach's printer was The Deadpool. It kept printing over and over again, not stopping. Coach was trying to pick them all up.

Scott bended down picking one up. We slowly walked out to meet up with Liam.

"You see the difference?" Liam asked us as Scott and I read over the paper.

"Derek's not on the list anymore" Scott stated.

"And I'm not worth three million. It's 18 now. 18 million dollars" Liam said. I scanned over the names. I sighed also.

"And I'm worth 23 now. Terrific" I muttered.

*

I sat in a tree branch outside of school. I ditched class since I had a high grade in it. What's the worse that can happen?

"Can I come up?" Scott hollered from below me. I looked down at him and nodded. With ease, he jumped up grabbing onto a branch, hoisting himself up. He made himself comfortable right next to me.

"What's on your mind?" He asked lowly intertwining our fingers together. I stared at our hands for a few second before answering him.

"Everything. About The Deadpool, about Liam's safety, about Lydia's safety, about Stiles safety, Malia's safety, our safety. Our relationship. It's just so much to worry about" I leaned my head on his shoulder watching the sun between the tree branches.

"I love how worried you are but it's my pack. I can protect them, it's my job to. And if you're worrying about our relationship, you don't have to. Because I'm always here for you. I'll always be right here, anytime" he whispered. His lips were barely touching mine now. He lightly kissed me, making me smile brightly now.

"You still don't get it. Your pack is part of my pack too. You're the Alpha male figure while I'm the Alpha female. We're not separate people anymore, we make each other whole. You, Scott, is what makes me sane. You keep me grounded to this Earth" I told him.