Chapter Five

Walking into my house, I drop my school bag onto the table. My parents walk in, both with angry faces.

"You dumb whore!" Mum shouts as my father strides up to me. He raises his hand and slaps me, hard, across the face, making me fall to the ground. 

"Pathetic." He mumbles, dragging me by my hair into the living room. My cries for help are silenced when Mum kicks me in the ribs. I should have waited for Campbell. I shouldn't have left without him. 

"YOU ARE SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT! YOU AND YOUR PSYCHO BROTHER!" Dad shouts, my two brothers still not home. Looking up, I see my parents disapproving expressions then a boot in my face.

~~~~~

Jumping up, I feel tears streaming down my face, involuntarily. Quickly swiping them away, I walk to my wardrobe to see what to wear for the day.

 Quickly swiping them away, I walk to my wardrobe to see what to wear for the day

Suddenly, my phone beeps meaning I got a text.

From Phoenix: Come over. It's important.

To Phoenix: OMW.

After brushing my hair and teeth, I make my way to Harry's.

~~~~~

Here I am. Stood in front of Harry, who is sitting down against his bed.

"So...you gonna tell me what's-"

"Dewey did it." He snaps, cutting me off. 

"Did what?" I ask, having a suspicion.

"I think Dewey killed...Cassandra." Harry says, now looking up at me.

"Why would you think that?" My mood going from shit to shittier just from those 5 words.

"'Cause he fucking told me." Standing up, he continues. "Dewey, he basically confessed that he shot Cassandra."

"We're talking about the same Dewey, right? The short, pale kid that no one talk to?" My voice snappy and brows furrowed.

"Yes! Greg Dewey." Harry confirms.

"Why the fuck would he want to kill Cassandra?" If this little shit really did kill her, then there will be war.

"Who knows. Kid's fucked up. He's fucking batshit!" He sighs, rubbing his face. After a few seconds of silence, I speak up.

"Why would he tell you?" Harry can't be apart of Cassandra's death...right?

"I-I don't know." I know, though.

"It's because he knew you hated her....Harry, be completely serious with me for a second. Don't scratch your head, don't shrug your shoulders. Look me in the eyes and tell me you had absolutely nothing to do with Cassandra's death." Please say no, please say no.

"I-I had nothing to do with her death. You heard me though, right? You know, the part where I said he's fucking batshit!" He hesitated. Fucking hell!