Chapter 7: This isn't happening

“Yes” said Marcos without even thinking about it, the elder moved to me and said something, but I couldn’t hear it as I was staring out in thin air beside him. I felt the elder look at me closer and that brought me out of my thoughts.

The audience started to whisper “why isn’t she saying anything?” I heard one say, “get her to say something”, “just say yes”, “she can’t even say one word”. The voices around me got me out of balance, I felt like I was spinning around watching all the faces looking at me with hatred saying mean things to me.

I felt myself stop as I felt a breath against me cheek “everything will be fine”. I looked up at the voice, it was Marcos, he looked at me concerned. I looked at him apologizing, I completely froze.

Marcos grabbed my hand gently and placed it in his big one, “Cara, will you marry me?” Marcos asked confident, he was another person up there, here I actually felt like he was the only one on my side as I felt the hatred from all the others.

I opened my mouth and breathed heavily, I looked at the hand in pure shock, I felt his skin on me and felt so small and vulnerable. “Say yes” he whispered only for the two of us to hear. “Yes” I said lowly regretting my words instantly, the world stop as that one word crossed my lips.

All I heard was clapping and suddenly Marcos lips was against mine, I didn’t feel anything, I just stared in pure shock hoping this nightmare would end soon.

*

I don’t remember the party, I wasn’t there. At least my mind wasn’t. I see glimpse of speeches, glimpse of handshakes and laughing faces, dancing, Marcos holding me Marcos feeding me cake.

But I wasn’t there.

It was dark and I had somehow managed to sneak away from the party and sat down on the bench in front of the mainbuilding. I looked out into the night, I have done this before, but this time was different. Everything is changed now.

The door opened and a dark figure stepped out, as the figure took a step closer the moon lit up the face of the one I would not like to see now. “So it’s here you are hiding huh?” Marcos asked as he moved closer and sat down beside me.

Marcos took his jacket from his suit off and pulled it over my shoulders. I felt his gaze on me as I just kept looking out in the night. The nightsky caught my attention, all the stars were out tonight, and there even was a full moon, ironic huh?

“You did well at the wedding, you looked so beautiful” he said, I turned my head towards him, I wasn’t there, he must be taunting me. “I mean it” he said and put two fingers under my chin forcing my eyes to meet his.

He let go and pulled me closer and placed his chin above my head, so we were all curled up against each other.

Oddly enough I felt safe there. To feel safe in the embrace of your enemy just shows what I have become. I am becoming weak.

He hugged me like his life depended on it, like if he didn’t I would disappear into thin air. After a while he let go and stood up “it is late now, we should get some sleep, it has been a long day” he said reaching his hand out for me to take so he could help me up, but I didn’t allow it.

I stood up and without words I went in with him right beside me. I tried to open the door, but he stopped me and opened it for me, like we suddenly cared about each other.

I was more than ready to just disappear into my room, forget about it all and for once just be normal, I would even start to listen if that means this is not happening to me.

As I was about to grab the handle, Marcos took a hold on me and pointed to a sign on a door at the end of the hallway, Marcos room. What I saw made my heart jump , this is not happening, ‘Marcos&Cara’ was written on a white sign hanging on the door.

‘This isn’t happening’ I messed in my mind hoping this would all end soon. But it was happening. Marcos led me to the room and opened the door for me. A double bed, we are supposed to sleep together. ‘This isn’t happening’.

***
Sorry for the late update, let me know what you think :)