Chapter 7: Moving Along

Sasuke could feel hot water running down his body. He reached for the shampoo, squeezed out a little and worked it into his hair. Whilst the shampoo settled in, he began to lather body wash on his skin. The motions were all mechanical, part of his routine, but what was not routine was the worry that was somehow working its way into his brain. He knew he'd heard Sai loud and clear and he couldn't deny the way it made him feel. He could still see the smirk on Neji's face. That bastard took away my pride. He squeezed a little too hard on the body wash at that thought.

Somehow though, the thought of Naruto being forced to play Neji's games made him even more angry. The idiot wouldn't even be able to defend himself against Neji, seeing as how he so easily came to trust Sai. More than that, he wouldn't even be able to imagine the sorts of things the boys at Konoha High we're capable of. After all it was underestimating them that got me in trouble. Sasuke began rinsing out the shampoo in his hair, feeling the water pour over his head in what felt like heavy torrents. He hoped, that maybe it would wash away all his worries, all of which one way or another, concerned Naruto. Of course that was just wishful thinking on his part, the dobe would continue to occupy his thoughts whether he liked it or not. Not to mention the fact that Sasuke had never expected himself to be filled with thoughts of just one person. And to think it was another boy who was so stupidly ignorant, he practically asked perverts to come and rape him by looking so helpless, was disconcerting in itself. There's no way I'm going to worry about that idiot. Sasuke decided defiantly after he had finished his shower, slamming the shower door behind him as if it reinforced his feelings.

Coming out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his waist, he quickly realized that Naruto was nowhere to be seen. Just great, dobe. Pulling on some clothes, he looked toward the window, feeling a familiar sense of worry prickling his mind. It appeared that his last resolve was not going to last for more than the five minutes it had been since he'd made it. I'm going to fucking kick your ass when I see you.

He looked to the table where he'd left the key but only found a note, written in big unruly Naruto script:

Gone to check out the hot spring, be back soon!

Idiot. Sasuke thought angrily, decidedly heading out of their room to look for him as if it were something the Uchiha would normally do. There were other boys outside too, including the oblivious Rock Lee who was practicing karate as the other males were sucking face. Sasuke felt himself frown at the sight of them, feeling somewhat disgusted. It was nothing like what he felt with Naruto. I must be going crazy.

Arriving at the hot spring, he spotted the same pink haired girl that Naruto had, sitting at the reception desk. However, this time the appearance of the handsome raven haired boy caught her full attention. Her eyes widened and she blushed a deep red.

Sasuke ignored her obvious interest, even though he knew with certainty that she was mentally undressing him. 'I'm looking for a guy a little shorter than me, blonde hair, blue eyes, looks perpetually stupid in a bright orange outfit. You seen him?' He said, the sound his smooth voice making Sakura jump out of her seat a little.

'Uh yeah..he uh...should still be in the hot springs' Sakura replied quietly, feeling a little overwhelmed by his sudden question.

'Thanks', Sasuke smiled, the same fake slight tug at his lips that had yet to fail him. Sakura's subsequent blush assured him that he hadn't yet lost his charm.

'J-Just through that doorway' She stammered pointing towards it. He followed her directions to the steaming outdoor hot spring. It was surrounded by large rocks, arrangements of pebbles and a bamboo fence in a quintessentially Japanese style. Of course only I would be appreciative of such measures. Sasuke thought to himself.