Chapter 3

I was pretty sure the other day when Brett winked at me I was just seeing things, like he probably just had a twitch in his sweet little eye. That had to be it.  

I sat in English, but wasn't myself this day. Mr. DeKeller was standing at the front of the classroom, talking about our first group project, but I was spacing out because in the side of my eye I could see Brett soaking in every piece of information like a damn sponge. He was so dreamy.  

After a second I could see Brett staring at me, but I was still mesmerizing him through the side of my eye. Suddenly I got a shaking motion in my arm and I nearly jumped out of my skin. 

"You alright, man?" Brett asked me curiously.  

I shook my head and took a big gulp. The way he talked made me nervous, but in a good way. I held onto everyone his words like they were dreams.  

"So do you want to meet up tonight to do?" Brett smiled at me.  

I coughed, nearly choking on my spit from the question and I could feel a rush of heat come over my cheeks. "W-What, I mean D-Do what?" I stuttered, sweating now from all those huge butterflies again.  

"The project." He laughed quietly.  

"What is the project? I wasn't paying attention." I stated.  

"We have to make a chart comparing our book to something in our own lives." The words flowed out of his mouth like water from a faucet.  

"Yeah, we can defiantly meet up and do it." I quickly muttered.  

"Cool, I'll text you my address and you can come over." He said to me.  

The bell to class ring at the instant, and I was so furious. I hated not being able to see him, except for this class, but today. I was happy today I got to go to his house, be around him, breathe in his sweet scent of male body spray. It smelled even better than a meal after it was done being cooked.  

After school I rushed Ian out of the school to drive me home. He was talking to one of the many girls he talked to. Ian was one of those boys a lot of girls drooled over, and I couldn't blame them. Ian was pretty good looking.  

In the car I was mumbling away and just couldn't stop talking about anything. I was like a crazed girl. 

"Dude shut the hell up." Ian finally blurted out.  

My face kind of fell for a minute after he said that to me. 

"Bro, you're like my brother but right now you are completely annoying me." Ian sighed.  

I slumped down in his car and just sat there.  

"Sorry, but you are acting like you're going on your last mission and you have to share every little detail of everything to me." He laughed.  

I smiled at the thought, but I was nervous I needed to talk. After a couple minutes of weird silence I home, and in my room getting ready. I wasn't sure why I was getting ready, I wasn't going on a date, or anything special. I was simply going over to do homework with an incredibly hot boy. I needed to look nice tho.  

My outfit took awhile to pick out. I wore a stripped purple and blue tee-shirt with navy blue skinny jeans and my new converse shoes. I had even done my hair again, brushed my teeth, cleaned my face, sprayed myself, and everything else. I went downstairs after I was finished and went to the kitchen to address my parents. 

"Mom... Dad...." I squirmed. I got scared asking them stuff, or even telling them stuff.  

They both looked up at me instantly, and yet it was scary how they did it at the same time.  

"Yes sweetheart?" My mother hummed.  

"Could I borrow the car, to go work on an English project?" I asked. 

They looked at each for a split second, looked back at me, and then back at each other. 

"Of course son, just be home by eleven." My father smiled before doing what he was before I interrupted.  

I grabbed the keys quickly, and thanked them for letting me use it. When I was leaving my house you couldn't call it walking. I did a run/sprint to the car.  

I knocked on the front door loudly. I wiped my hands on my pants. The feelings I was having were so overwhelming that I was sweating. After what felt like forever Brett answered the door and smiled at me. 

"Welcome, Landen." Brett smiled and he led me into his living room. 

I sat down on the couch and looked around, admiring everything. His house was different from mine. My house was clean, but had a hint of a mess to it. His house though, was spotless. Nice polished floor, no dust, everything was so set up to perfection.  

"My parents do a lot of business out of state, so it's just us tonight." He glared so peacefully at me.  

I nodded quickly, but inside I was freaking out like I had just seen something in a window I needed to buy. 

We sat down and started working on the project together. We must have been there forever because by the time he looked at his phone it was already eight thirty at night. He looked at me. 

"It's kind of late, and I haven't eaten yet. Do you want to order something to eat?" He asked me patiently.  

I smirked at him "Yeah that would be nice."  

"What do you like?" 

"It's your house, you pick." 

"You are my quest, you have the right away."  

"Chinese?" 

"Deal." 

Brett got up and grabbed his phone so I could order food. After that we continued doing our project until we heard that faint knock on the door. He got up and got our food. We sat in his living on the floor with our food on the coffee table chewing away.  

"So tell me, do you have a girlfriend, or a special girl you like?" Brett asked out of the blue. 

My head instantly snapped up to meet his glare. "It's complicated." I lied. "How about you?" 

"Well there is this girl I like, no more like I think she's cute." He questioned himself.  

"Who?" I asked.  

"April Scott." He stated. "I thought you were dating that Isabella chick." He said to me.  

I shook my head. "Like my sister there."  

I kind of slumped down there and acted different the whole night. It was like a huge cloud formed over me ad just continued to rain. Why did I get my hopes up? What made me possibly think I had a chance with him. Well I did, and for that I felt stupid and really sad.