Chapter 9

Friday rushed it's way right around the corner. Every day in English I was still doing the same thing to Brett, and by Wednesday he has eventually given up on trying to talk to me about it. We were strictly business and that was it. He had no feelings for me, and I was losing my feelings for him. It was a win-win situation.  

While we were sitting in class on Friday the intercom screeched and you could hear noise in the background. We had a horrible intercom; I swear it was here when they built the school. We are too lazy to raise money to get a new one.  

"Hello my fellow students of Copper High. This is your Class President April Scott speaking. I am glad to announce that it's that time of the year again. What time of the year again? That's right Homecoming. Throughout the day certain students will be pulled out of class that have been picked for Homecoming Committee. Starting Monday tickets will be on sale for twenty dollars. You only have two weeks get them while you can. Have a good day." April happily said acting like she wasn't the wicked witch.  

It was when I was sitting in my History A.P. class April walked into the room and looked at a piece of paper. "Miss. Kelly I need the following students." She smiled at her. 

"Go ahead and call them out. Whoever she takes you know the assignment. It's due Monday." Miss. Kelly smiled and let April call them out.  

"Okay I need Michelle Lebawn and Landen Jones." April cheered as if we won a prize. I honestly didn't know what the prize was. I get to work with someone I can't stand. That's what I've been begging for.  

Michelle and I gathered our books and supplies, then started following April out of the classroom. "Okay guys, you are my last two, today we talk about the theme and what the invitations looks like and all that fun jazz." She giggled. 

Michelle and I looked at each other than her like she was nuts. We got to the gym and walked through the doors. It was that exact moment I wanted to face palm myself, because of course Brett was here too. What were the odds of that? 

April showed us to our seats. We sat down, getting comfortable so I can witness the event of her changing colors, growing a bigger nose with a mole on and laughing wickedly. Except April wouldn't be saying I'll get you my pretty and you little dog too. She would be saying I got you my pretty and I stole your man too. I suddenly wanted to slap myself. Why was I thinking this? He wasn't my man. We were never together.  

"Alright guys, let's get this started." April cheered. "What should our theme be?"  

I wanted to raise my hand and say make it look like Prom so we could do some Carrie stuff too. I would never hurt a pig though. Instead another girl raised her hand.  

"Mary Beth what's your idea?" She asked. 

Mary Beth looked really timid. "Uhm I was thinking under the sea." She shyly spoke.  

Aril giggled. "Not original. To Little Mermaid. We want classic, but original."  

I wanted to smack her. It was a good idea. It would have been really cute. But no, we have to go with what queen bee thinks is good.  

A boy raised his hand. "Aaron what about you?" April smiled.  

"A Night in Heaven." He smiled back. 

"Good good. I'll write it down." Her eyes sparkled as she wrote the idea down. "Any others?" 

We all sat around for a couple minutes twiddling our thumbs. Brett finally raised his hand.  

"Oh yes Brett, what is your idea?" The way she asked it was like it was already a definite yes.  

"Hollywood Homecoming." He proudly said. "Instead of dressing up in normal homecoming attire, we could dress up as famous people like Romeo and Juliet, Marilyn Monroe, etc."  

April's face grew a huge as a skyscraper with the grin she had. "I love it. That's the theme. Okay people now that we have our theme, what should our invitation look like?"  

We all decided that we would have the Hollywood Logo on it with a stylish Homecoming underneath and explain what to wear. Since Homecoming and Halloween were in the same month it was actually a really good idea I won't lie, I was still mad though she gave no other theme thoughts just because they were dating.  

April looked at the time. "Alright, I'm going to go make an announcement, the bell is about to ring for last period, so get to that class."  

With that everyone got up and left the gym. Seconds later the intercom screeched on. "Hello again. April Scott here letting you know this years Homecoming theme. Hollywood Homecoming. Instead of buying those big puffy dresses, you need to dress up as a famous movie character or actor. Examples are Romeo and Juliet, Marilyn Monroe, James Bond, etc. Thank you for your time and have a good day." The intercom went off.  

This must have been a big deal because for the first time the school went out and bought props, we had the Art Club, which I was in so I also had to do this wit hsetting homecoming up, making decorations. It was going to really good looking actually. We all agreed on what it should look like.  

So for the next two weeks every Second, Fifth, and Last period we were in the gym setting up what was going to one hell of homecoming set.