Chapter 11

The Friendship Test

Chapter 11

Ashley's POV:

Whenever I read those books that said that time seemed to slow down, as if everything was going in slow motion, I never quite understood. I mean, how could something happening so fast seem like as if its all happening in slow motion?

Well now I understand.

Time seem to slow down as the zombie threw the knife at Mike. I had ducked but Mike was still searching for the 'duck'. And then, it seemed like a million years as I saw the knife supposedly 'speed' towards Mike. And I just stayed there, in my half-ducking position, unable to stop the knife. So, Mike was pretty darn annoying but I don't want Mike to die. Not here. Not now. Mike was too young. I mean, he's only 18 for crying out loud! He hasn't actually lived yet...

But I obviously can't do anything about it.

As I watched the knife, I thought that it was definitely going to stab Mike. The knife was thrown so fast that its impossible for Mike to get

away in time.

And sure enough....

It stabbed Mike.

I couldn't watch. I just can't. I always hated horror movies because they scared the living nightmare out of me but this was one thousand times worse. This isn't some horror movie.

This is reality.

I, helplessly, watches Mike get stabbed with the knife, it piercing through his body, on his stomach.

"Arghhh!!!" Mike cried out in pain.

I quickly looked at the window again, fearful, but then glad to see it empty. The zombie had left. But not before it got Mike.

I stood up from my position, shut the window and put up a not so burnt textbook near it so it would block the view from inside. I then shifted my full attention on Mike. Mike was laying on the floor, clutching the handle of the knife, which was the only part of the knife that hasn't gone into his body. Mike was sweating buckets already and Jennifer was already running out of the room to go to the clinic to find some supplies, I guess. I looked all over the room for anything to help Mike. But there was nothing, so I tried to calm Mike down. "Shhhh." I tried to soothe him, but failed. As I was thinking of something else to do, Jennifer came in with the first aid kit. She opened it and got out some supplies. Then she grabbed the knife handle.

"Mike, we need to take this out. Brace yourself."

Mike's eyes grew wide as he realized what Jennifer was about to do. Jennifer gently, but quickly, took out the knife and placed it aside. Mike, shrieking and practically making everyone deaf, was close to passing out, I could tell. But we had about a few minutes until that would happen so I pushed that thought aside. Jennifer did everything to clean the wound and do whatever she can. But after a few minutes, Mike wasn't screaming anymore. Okay, now we had to keep him awake. If he went unconscious, we could possibly lose him. I quickly thought of ways to keep him up so I blurted out lamely "What's your favorite color!?"

Mike grunted but his eyes were fluttering close.

"Mikkeeee!" I loudly said and shook him a bit.

"....blue...." Mike responded.

I glanced at Jennifer. She was still cleaning the wound but had this look written on her face that clearly showed that she had no idea what I was doing but knew that she didn't have time to question it now.

"How about an animal? What's your favorite animal?" I asked and Mike whispered "A cobra. Because its really fast and I'm fast."

The questions just continued