13

Tuesday 3:55 PM.
Sidney Daniels

I fluttered my eyes open as sunlight beamed on me through the window. I sat up before realizing I was all chained up. I looked around to see I was in some sort of basement. I immediately started screaming in cries for help. Anything to get me out of here.

Eventually though, when nobody came and nobody seemed to hear me I stopped. I cried at my defeat and laid back down. It seemed like an eternity had passed.

"You just gon lay there?" I heard my mom say.

I looked up in confusion as I saw my mom standing in the corner.

"What you doin here?" I asked sitting up.

"Come dance with me baby, like old times," she smiled.

I hesitantly stood up and began dancing with her. An old record started playing as we danced and laughed.

"I love you," she smiled at me.

"I love you too ma," I said before I tried to hug her.

The image of her disappeared before I realized she was only a fragment of my imagination. I began to cry now that she's gone.

I sung as I played in my hair to pass time.

"You always did have beautiful hair, just like your mama," my dad said.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"I remember I used to sing that song to you when you were little. You loved it," he said as I smiled and continued to sing.

Later on I imagined on was back on the court with Von.

"You can't block me baby I'm the ultimate beast!" He said before I waved him off.

"Boy please you better recognize who the real GOAT is," I said as he laughed.

I had nothing but a open space to dream. I allowed myself to do just that.