Chapter5- The beginning of a horrible day

Chapter 5

The beginning of a horrible day

(Updated)

Zachary’s P.O.V                                                                                            

I walked into school trailing behind Jake as everyone gave us confused looks, whispering to each other. We walked straight to the office so I could get my schedule; I already hated school, people always whispering to each other when we walked down the hall so I just kept my head down focused on Jake making sure I didn’t bang into him. We stopped at my locker and I put my lock onto it I had no books or even a backpack at the moment because my little money was ‘home’.

“Where are your school books, pet?” Jake whispered into my ear making me jump.

"I don’t have any Sir, I planned on picking up what I could if I planned on staying in school,” I mumble-whispered back to him keeping my head down as Jake sighed and I knew he was looking at me disapprovingly making me feel slightly upset.

“We’ll go to the store after school then,” he said as the bell rang signalling the beginning of a horrible day. “I’ll see you recess time here. Okay pet?” I could hear the warning in his voice.

“Yes. Sir,” I answered as I peaked up to see him smile before walking off towards what I think is his locker as I made my way to my first class; Math.

I sat down in the back of the class sighing and waiting for everyone else to pour in. I just hoped the teachers didn’t make a big fuss of a new student; I wanted to stay as low profile as possible. After everyone had poured into the class room the teacher instantly laid her eyes on me.

“Well it seems the new student decided to come to class today,” she said a bit sarcastically clearly annoyed I wasn’t here yesterday.

“Yes, sorry if I caused you any trouble yesterday,” I said keeping my head down so she couldn’t see my black eye.

She sighed and turned her attention back to the class starting the lesson, I had no clue what she was talking about so eventually I just tuned her out until the bell rang.

“Mr. Flynn I would like to talk to you,” Mrs. Cross  said as the rest of the students scurried off to their next class; PE I wasn’t excited at all, most of math class I thought of skipping but Jake would probably punish me and I didn’t want that.

“Okay,” I mumbled getting out of my desk after it was only the two of us left and walking up to her desk.

“I know about what happened yesterday and I understand completely why you ran off, but next time something like that happens you should get a teacher,” she said looking around her messy desk for something until she found it “Here these are worksheets to help you catch up I know you haven’t been in school for over a month,” she said as another class poured into the class room as I nodded turning around with the sheets and bumping into someone that caught me before I hit the ground.

“You should be more careful, pet,” he whispered into my ear making sure I was stable before letting go of me as I nodded and left I could clearly see a smirk of amusement of his face. I sighed walking to PE.

Gym was boring as well I didn’t have any gym clothes so for this time he let it go but I got a stern warning.  I found out that the dude who punched me was named Bradley and in my PE class which he turned into a bigger hell then it already was what made it worse is that today was dodge ball (I’m beginning to think everyone has it out for me).

The coach put us in teams and of course Bradley had to be on the opposite team and he didn’t take his eye off me so I figured I was his target for all of class which was totally true Bradley’s team got the dodge balls first which made me a little scared because from what I could everyone on that team were on the football team.

The game started off pretty uneventful I dodged every ball Bradley threw at me without any hits as everyone else started to get out around me giving me everyone’s attention which I didn’t need, so I did what any other person would do and got hit smack dab in the face knocking me to the floor with a bloody nose. “Fuck,” I mumbled trying to stop the bleeding and the growing pain in my head.

“Someone bring him to the nurse quickly!” Mr. Luther yelled as someone help me up but I stupidly stumbled falling back down cursing again. Whoever it was picked me up with ease bringing me to the nurse.

“Pet?” I heard Jake say in confusion as I slowly turned to look at him as I watched his expression turn into furry and worry mixed together.

“I’ll take him Andrew,” Jake said carefully take me out of Andrew’s arms and I whimpered and Andrew walked back to the gym.

“What am I going to do with you?” Jake said sighing and walking to what I guessed was the nurse’s office. I whimpered more as my head started to throb again “Pet? Stay awake until I get you to the nurse Zachary,” he said softly and I tried my best to stay conscious as long as I could.

 “Oh my goodness!” the nurse squealed rushing over to me and Jake “Put him on the bed and make sure he stays awake until I look at his head,” the nurse said rushing into a office while Jake laid me down on one of the beds in the room.

“It’s all going to be okay now Zachary,” he whispered taking me hand and rubbing his thumbs on my knuckles trying to soothe me as I whimpered more. “Shhh I know it hurts the nurse’ll take care of you,” he whispered once more before the  nurse came back with an ice pack for what I could see,

 “Here put this on your head where it hurts Zachary,” the nurse said handing me the ice pack as I slowly brought it up to the back of my head whimpering when it touched. “He may have a concussion it would be best to bring him to the hospital,” the nurse said starting to talk to Jake about bringing me there in the end Jake was victorious and started to pick me up again “I’ll sigh you both out for the rest of the day and if it’s a mild concussion don’t let him come back for a few days!” she called as Jake strode off towards the front door, putting me in the passenger seat before quickly jogging over to the driver’s side and  speeding off to my second least favourite place, a hospital.

Vote, COMMENT~ E