XXVIII

- Addison-

I knocked on the Cooper's front door after hearing news from Pop Tate when I was working this morning. I must've kept knocking a little more than necessary because I felt a warm hand softly landing on my shoulder. I stopped after I heard footsteps on the other side and tuned to look at Sweet Pea before the door opened.

I wasn't expecting Archie to open the door and I guess he didn't expect us either. He opened the door further to let us in and I ran in to find Betty sitting on her couch.

"Betty are you okay? I heard about your dad. Are you hurt? I'm sorry I left you after school I should've been with you. I don't blame you for your dad shooting me in Pop's. I know"

"Addison slow down," Betty said blankly. "It's okay, you didn't know. And I didn't piece it together until I came home anyways. Wait, did you say something about my dad and Pop's?" Addison nodded. "Yeah, obviously it was bad but I don't blame you for what your dad did." Betty and Archie exchange looks. "That wasn't my Dad." Sweet Pea sat down next to Addison, facing Archie and Betty. "But we thought he was the Black Hood."

"I guess no one else is caught up," Archie says to Betty. He asks for her permission and she accepts before going to grab some tea. It might take a while. "So here's what we know..."

A day later, Sweet Pea took Addison to the river for a serpent get together. Both were relived for being safe with their gang, but most importantly seeing Fangs after his recovery. It pained Addison to not tell Sweet Pea after the raid, so a little after, she told him the truth. He promised to keep it a secret for his safety, he was just glad he was okay.

The air was warm as the sun shined by the water. The couple walked through the trees until seeing an opening with other serpents hanging out. They happily welcomed the two, which Addison was grateful for. She took his hand in hers and walked through the crowd to where Toni was. When she saw them, she ran to hug Addison. The two laughed at the excitement and Addison saw Cheryl when the hug was over. They greeted each other with mutual kindness and even Sweet Pea said it was nice to see her.

They turned around after hearing footsteps come near them and saw Fangs with a big smile on his face.

"Fangs!" Sweet Pea says and the two of them hug immediately. Toni and Addison stand side by side, happy to see Fangs and his best friend finally unite. Everyone converses among each other until they hear microphone feedback.

Jughead taps on the mic and makes a few announcements and then his da announces his retirement. Addison was very touched when he brought up his mother and how she encouraged him to not give up being a serpent when they were young. She sent her dad a text of the speech and FP sine he had another trip for his work that night. At the end, Jughead reveals a red leather jacket and Addison begins to cheer as Cheryl goes up to take it.

People were leaving a while later and Addison sees Jughead's old camera on their makeshift bar.

"Hey guys!" She says to Sweet Pea, Toni, Jughead and FP. They all turned to her and came closer together. She bring the camera to her eyes, shouting "Say Serpents!" As they posed in front of one of the trucks there.

 She bring the camera to her eyes, shouting "Say Serpents!" As they posed in front of one of the trucks there

-

It was still early when Addison came home. She had the house to herself since her dad was away, so she brought Sweet Pea with her. They begin to kiss, and things start to get hot and heavy. She parts from the kiss to catch her breath, and opens to door to her bedroom, leading in Sweet Pea by his hand. He takes her hint and brings her close as they sit on her bed. He grabs something in his pocket.

They mutually seemed a little nervous, but both had a little experience. They really liked each other, this was taking it to a next step in their relationship.
"Are you ready?" Sweet Pea asks her. "I'm ready."

-

A breeze of welcoming air enters from her curtains. The room glows of gold and then a beautiful pink as the sun sets. They lay together, holding hands, their breath hitting each other's skin. They looked at each other and it truly felt like peace. No more murders. No more feuds in town. No more secrets. Just them, together. Sweet Pea breaks the silence to say "I love you." Addison smiles wider than she ever has and kisses him.

"I love you, too."

[A/N: the end! Ahh omg it's been so long. crazy right? Thank you for being on this journey with me. Hopefully I'll be able to write another book in the future. Until then, make sure to vote, comment, and share. You guys are the best!]