VII

"You need any help today, Mr

"You need any help today, Mr. Andrews?"
Addison asks, shoving her hands into her pockets. He and Archie turn around to see the girl smiling nicely at him. The Andrews boys were selling Christmas trees at Pop's to get some extra cash. He looks over to Archie and he whispers her name to him. "Addison, that very kind of you, but Archie and I have it covered. Thank you, though." She nods to him and turns to leave when she sneezes.

She gets a call from Toni and can feel a sneeze coming on again. "Hey To- achoo!" She sneezes as she goes to her motorcycle. She tries to chat with her as she gets her keys out of her pocket and stars the engine. On the ride home, she feels more and more sick as she gets closer. When she comes in, she explains to her dad that she thinks she's sick. Aaron tells her to take it easy and bids her goodbye to go to a business meeting. She sits on her bed and blows her nose.

The next day comes and Toni is now on the phone with Addison from the bar. "So, you're sick? Damn, I hope you feel better soon." Toni looks at Sweet Pea who is sitting at the bar across to her as she wipes down the counter. "Thanks Toni. It kinda sucks, my dad has to leave home so I'm just trapped here watching stupid rom-coms on my computer," She replies through the phone. Toni looks at the clock and sighs. "I wish I could visit you, but my boss is making me stay here for another three hours." Sweet Pea looks at her and gets up from his seat. "I'll see you later, Topaz." He leaves the Whyte Wyrm on his motorcycle, snow surrounds him as he speeds through the streets.

The sun just finished setting as Addison closes her computer to take a break. She goes into her bathroom to wash her face and then grabs a class of water. When she takes her last sip, she hears someone knock on the door. Being alone since the second Black Hood incident, she gets nervous answering the door and quickly grabs her baseball bat from her closet. She tip-toes back to the front door and goes to open it. When she opens the door to see Sweet Pea on the other side, she feels relief and confusion.

"Um hi," She says to him

"Um hi," She says to him. A gust of wind makes it inside and she shivers. "Here come in," And opens the door wider, hiding the baseball bat behind her back. She takes note of the paper bag he puts on the kitchen counter. "Toni wanted me to look after you, so she sent me with a few things." He takes out a container of soup, tea bags, and some snacks, lining them next to the bag. Addison goes to the other side, still keeping her distance. "Well that's really nice of her. You don't have to stay, I don't wanna get you sick." He goes to microwave the soup and shrugs. "Toni's orders. So, whatcha been doing?" She puts her hair up in a lose ponytail and sighs. "Just watching movies." She starts to walk to her room to get her computer, Sweet Pea trailing behind her as he takes in the photos on the walls.

She opens her door and Sweet Pea looks around. Her room was small with faded white walls with posters and pictures taped on. Adjacent to the door was her desk with her lamp, a can of pencils, and a small stack of magazines with pictures missing from them. On the left was her closet with the doors closed, and on the right was her shelves of books. Underneath was a full-length mirror with a green frame, pictures taped to the corners. Then there was her bed against the wall right by the window; it was covered in a thick, white comforter with a smaller, grey blanket and a bunch of pillows. On her bed lies her laptop, her phone, and her water bottle. Lastly was a small nightstand, with another lamp and a book on top, with her phone charger resting on the edge of it. She takes off her slippers next to her pile of shoes which was on the right side of the door.

She goes to check her phone and in the corner of her eye she sees Sweet Pea, running his fingers over the spines of her books. He hears her sniffle and puts the top book down, walking towards her. She grabs her computer and shows it to him before opening it up. "I'll grab the soup and you can sit if you want." She goes towards the kitchen but stops quickly to have a sneeze attack.

She can hear Sweet Pea chuckle behind her and he puts his hands on her shoulders. "I'll get it. You're sick, remember?" And gently directs her to her bed. She sits on her bed as he wraps the grey blanket around her. She tries to hold her smile until he left the room and gets comfortable. She looks on her computer, biting her lip in concentration. She doesn't notice Sweet Pea until he nudged her foot that was hanging off of the bed. "Oh, sorry. Thanks," She takes the soup from him and pats the spot next to her.

He's hesitant at first but gets on and they sit together as Addison blows on her soup. They talk for a little and start to watch an episode of Friends on Netflix. After the end of the second episode, Addison fell asleep, her head on Sweet Pea's shoulder.
-

Addison weaves through the people in the Whyte Wyrm to see Fangs, Toni, Jughead, And Sweet Pea at the bar where her friend was working. She greets them all and leans her elbows on the counter. "Hey Toni, I wanted to thank you for trying to check on me and all when I was sick." Toni looks at her, confused and they both turn to see Sweet Pea choking on his water. Addison smacks his back and he wheezes out an 'I'm good.' "I don't know what you're talking about, Addy." "What? You brought s" She looks over to a nervous looking Sweet Pea and her eyes widen. Addison looks at him with wide eyes. He gets up from the stool he was sitting in and Addison follows him, laughing the way over.

"Toni's orders, huh?" He rolls his eyes. She jumps up and down. "You wanted to see me! You wanted to" he puts his hand over her mouth looking around. She could notice his face was pink.

"Sweet Pea, That was so nice of you. You didn't have to lie," She says after he takes his hand off of her mouth. She gets a reminder from her phone that she has work soon and looks at him. She looks at her other friends across the building and motion to her phone. She smiles as Toni understands. She turns back to him. "Thank you, Sweet Pea." She squeezes his arm and leaves to make her way to work.

[A/N: Ew okay this sucks but yeah. Also the picture is huge but that's her sick fit lol. I hope you enjoyed! Make sure to like, share, vote and comment. Have a good weekend!]