Chapter 2

Ava woke up sweating from head to toe, another nightmare. She glared at the bright green numbers flashing on her digital clock next to her bed- 3:36am. And with a mellow groan, she turned over and went back to sleep. She had these dreams all the time, it wasn't so much that they scared her. More the fact of how annoying they were.
Four hours later, her alarm went off and she was up. She let her eyes adjust to the light and swung herself out of bed. She threw her hair up in a messy bun just like always, pulled on a t-shirt with her favourite band, The Dead Thieves on the front and her favourite hoodie. Chucked on some jeans and grabbed her bag heading for the kitchen.

Her mum was already in the kitchen making Ava's 7 year old brother, Mitchell's lunch.

"Good morning" her mum said with a smile
"Morning" Ava replied
"Sleep well?"
"nah" Ava grabbed a piece of bread and plopped it in the toaster before scavenging her mothers wallet for some money for lunch.
"what Is it with you and that band?" her mum questioned the t-shirt
"they're good" she simply said before grabbing the toast that had just sprung up and started buttering it.

She heaved her bag off of the table, kissed her mum goodbye and walked to the bus stop while eating.

Soon enough, the bus came rattling down the street. Ava could hear the kids on it yelling and screaming as it rounded the corner. She flagged it down and waited for it to stop before realising that she had left her bus ticket at home.
With a quick sigh, she hopped on the bus and explained to the driver that she didn't have it. he nodded his head and she proceeded.

The bus was loud, no doubt about that. Teens playing music, yelling over the noise and texting with the sound effects on.

After scanning the area, she found her best friend Astrid sitting at the back with her bag on the seat next to her.

Astrid was a pretty girl, long face with eyes the colour of oceans. Her long strawberry-brown hair always looked perfect no matter how she wore it and her teeth were a pearl white colour and were perfectly straight. Visually, she had no imperfections.

The pair talked about TDT and their upcoming tour dates for the whole bus trip. Ava had found out that Astrid liked The Dead Thieves after a long dispute about what bands were good and which bands sucked, by far, their biggest argument.

The bus pulled up at their school and they got off right as the bell went.

"here we go" thought Ava