18. Nina

The last few days I spent locked up in Dana’s house. I was slowly starting to feel better about the whole situation, but I didn’t really know anyone in LA besides the boys, and Ariana and her friends. I spent a good chunk of time watching Netflix with Dana until 3:00 am, than passing out only for Dana to wake me up five hours later after his parents left for work and before he went to rehearsal. I spent my time during the day alone.

            I was shocked awake but bright lights. “Get up lazy!” Dana yelled before walking away from the door. I groaned and snuggled deeper into my blankets and tried to get a few more moments of rest. “Kelsey, get up.” He was back and ready to annoy me, like every other morning since I have been here.

            “No.” I mumbled. Dana walked over to the bed and sat on top of me. “Dana, get your fat ass off of me!” I protested. He chuckled and we both sat up on the bed. I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

            “Still tired?” I nodded and he patted his shoulder and I rested my head on it. “Why don’t you do something other than sleep today?”

            “Because that would require getting out of bed.”

            “You can’t just mope around everyday! If you do you will feel like shit everyday.”

            “But I already do feel like shit everyday.” I sassed.

            “Okay but It will never get any better if you don’t get out and do something.” Maybe he was right. All I do is stay home alone all day feeling sorry for myself. I was getting sick of it. “Why don’t you call up Ariana and hang out with her for a bit?”

            I lifted my head and looked at him. “Alright.” I nodded. He got up and left for rehearsal. I stayed in bed for a half an hour just scrolling through my phone trying to figure what I’m going to do today. I decided to ask Ariana if she was free. After I sent the text I rolled out of bed and got ready for the day. I showered, did my make up and let my hair air dry like I always do. I decided on a pair of light washed jeans and a loose navy hoodie. After I was done getting ready I saw I had a text from Ariana. Turns out she was busy all day with her dance or something. She said sorry but I told her it was fine, she then suggested I ask Nina to hangout. I texted Nina and she replied back quickly.

            From: Nina

            Yeah I am totally free today! Want me to pick you up? We can go get subway or something!

            I told Nina yes. I waited about fifteen minutes for her to get to Dana’s house. I heard a honk and ran out and jumped in her car.

            “Hey!” I greeted her with a smile. It was nice to be around somebody other than Dana for once.

            “How are you?” She drove off.

            I just shrugged, “I could be better. And how are you? Is Banana still sick?”