8. LA

I looked at the clock. 10:50. It was the last day of school. A final day so we got out at 11:00. I was getting really anxious and time could not possibly pass any slower. As soon as that bell rings I am heading home grabbing my bags and heading to LA with my three best friends. This trip has been consuming my thoughts for the past week, I was excited for everything. I was excited to go to the states again, I was excited to be in a music video, I finally get to try Chipotle, and I finally get to see Dana again. Dana and I have already spent hours getting to know each other, late night texts, daylong Skype calls. We were as close as technology could bring people and we finally get to be in the same room with each other.

            I looked at the clock again. 10:59. Are you kidding me? The next sixty seconds were the longest sixty seconds of my life. I sat and tapped my fingers on my desk staring at the clock in anticipation. I was counting down the seconds until that bell would ring. 30… 20… 10… The bell rang and I was the first out of the classroom. I practically ran to my locker to grab my things. I walked as fast as I can to my car and hurried home. I jumped out of my car and made a mad dash to the door. I swung the door open and grabbed all my bags. I was in and out of the house in under a minute. I threw my bags into the back seat and the stopped for a minute and called Shelby.

            “Hello?”

            “Is everyone ready to go!?” We were all meeting up at the airport.

            “Yeah, I am just leaving now, Ill see you there!” She hung up. I buckled up and rushed off to the airport. Unfortunately, because of the time of our flight and lack of driving friends, we all had to pay for parking for the next two weeks were would be gone. I parked my car and got my belongings out of the back seat and headed to where I told the girls I would meet them. I saw Cassidy standing alone in our meeting spot.

            “Hey!” I said as I skipped up to her.

            “I am so excited!  I get to go to LA and meet IM5 again!” Cassidy had the biggest smile on her face. We chatted for a bit longer until we saw Shelby and Megan. As soon and we all got out tickets and passports organized, it was straight to the security line and then, LA.

It was about 8:45 when we landed at LAX. Cassidy, Megan, Shelby and I were taken back at how big and how busy the airport was.

            “This place is crazy!” Megan said wide-eyed.

            “I hopped off the plane at LAX…” Cassidy started to sing. We were all so tired and crazy that we burst out into song in the middle of the airport. Everyone was staring at us but that’s all right. It wasn’t the first time.

            Unfortunately Dana couldn’t pick us up from the airport because he was going to be at the studio all night. Dana felt bad about not being able to pick us up but I told him not to worry about it, but Dana, being the kind hearted guy he is, rented a limo to pick us up from LAX. We were all waiting by the exit when we saw a long black limo roll up.

            I stood up from the bench I was sitting on and lifted the handle on my suitcase. “Well guys, this is our ride!” The girls all stood up. We put all of our bags in the trunk and got inside. It was beautiful. None of us had ever been in a limo so this was kind of exciting.